33: HOLD ME TIGHT

MANIK

Okay it took a hell lot of work to convince Cabir that i needed to sleep off my thoughts today after whatever happened at noon. He understood my point of view and left me alone to get my brain together. I hate lying to Cabir but part of this was true to, i was terrified after the call with my- well my MOTHER, and the other part why i lied was because whatever was happening between me and Nandini has started taking a troll on me and going out now to hook up with a different girl felt bad. Also the rules.

I opened my laptop to answer a few emails since i had to cancel majority of my meetings today. My rule- not in the right mind for something, not the right time for work. Thankfully my turn over of anger had me at no loss. Unknowingly my hand moved the cursor over our trip folder, i remember Cabir forwarded our trip pictures to me as a courtesy but i never gave a glance at them. But right now felt a good time so i did. And the first picture got a smile on my face. It was a group picture with everyone aware and posing while me and nandini were lost in our own world of bickering as always. Damn look how have things changes now.

***************************************************************************

NANDINI

I basically had to fake illness to get out of the blind date plan from tonight. The last time i used this stratergy was when i was in middle school and Aunt Gracy would tear me out of bed for school. It never worked on her but it sure did on them and here i was having a utterly hot but delicious soup by Navya. Mukti got me some vitamins to boost up my energy. Damn my friends were too naive for me i guess but neverthless i loved it when they took care of me.

And after such a long day of hurt, pain, laughter and beautiful sunset. I slept hugging my friends cause i actually missed them.

The next morning i woke up to two heavy bodies lying over me as a slime. Damn how're these women so heavy. My phone constantly rang , can't i ever have a peaceful morning. Cursing the caller i tried my luck to get my phone off the night stand but suddenly Mukti's hand laid flat on my face. Damn Mukti, i'm gonna have to tell her to stop going to the gym now. She's way too strong for my liking. Such a terrible start to the day and moreover this stupid caller doesn't seem to take a breathe.

I pushed both the girls off me and took my phone from the table checking for the caller, Jerk calling it read. Okay. Wait. Holt shit Manik's calling. Why?

I pressed the answer button and spoke a chirpy hello, i mean i cannot beat him with the terrible day that i had.

"Someone's chirpy today." he replied chuckling.

"Only if you knew." i murmured under my breath.

"What the hell took you so long so answer your phone?" he asked.

"Just two club sandwich buns." i replied chuckling looking at my friends lying flat on the bed.

"Well that's wierd but moving on. come down i am here." he replied.

"woah woah woah. wait a minute. You're here." I spoke in hushed tone trying to control my excitement.

"Yes i am so just get down here." he spoke knowing well enough about my excitement.

"But i am in my night dress right now and i haven't even brushed." i explained.

"I don't care. It's okay. Just get down here. I am waiting in my car." he replied cancelling the call even before i could respond.

I quickly burshed my teeth and settled down my hair in a ponytail. I had slept in my cotton shorts and crop top last night so i guess it should work. Hopping down i found him inside his car on the driver's seat wearing a casual jeans with a t-shirt, looking dope in his shades and well i on the other hand looked crap.