15: DRUNK WHO?

Manik was done with his meeting and it was finally time to say goodbye to the owner malhotra and get back home sliding into his bed with his laptop infront watching his favourite football match. What you thought boys don't like comfy nights, they do they just don't admit that. He ignited his car zooming towards his house direction.

"Should I pick nandini up. No morning main toh did did not have a car so she accepted a ride, ab what will I say if I show up suddenly" He thought but turned his wheels the very next second.

"I'll just tell her that I was travelling from her office area and thought if she needed a right, wow such classic Manik" He scolded himself.

Stopping at his location he eyed the building infront of him, not that it was as huge as his but he was a guy who always appreciated the structure and it's interiors. He sat there waiting for 15 minutes that soon turned into 30 minutes but there was no sign of that stupid girl. Nobody had ever dared to make THE MANIK MALHOTRA wait but since nandini had walked into his life, he have had a lot many firsts.

It was finally alot to take in for this man and he decided to call up nandini but that women dared to cut his call , like seriously what was he , her puppy? Or maybe he was now. Debatable.

Rolling down his car window he enquired the watchman about her whereabouts.

"excuse me" Manik spoke

"yes sir"

" Kya aapne nandini ko dekha hai she is a journalist here"

"Nandini ma'am woh toh kaafi pehle nikal gayi"

"Chali gayin. Kab?Kahan?"

"yahi kuch ek ghanta pehle and kahan woh toh pata nahin sir"

" okay thanks"

Manik's whole car was burning with his fury, that woman okay he knew it was hs mistake he should have called first but when he did he was rejected. He took the liberty to travel in the opposite direction all over till this place and it was for nothing.Bullshit.

He accelerated his car and rode back home.It was 9 p.m when he got back home and the first thing he did was to call out for Maria.

"Maria Maria"

"yes sir"

" Is miss nandini back home?"

" no sir she left with you in the morning and tabse she hasn't come back home"

" okay thanks"

" sir khana laga doon?"

" no I am not hungry"

" seriously nandini what the fuck is wrong with you since past two days, Why are you behaving like this?" Manik spoke to himself.

After a good long shower Manik laid down on his bed still peeking at his phone in order to get atleast one text from her but in vain, he doesn't know when sleep took over him. His beauty sleep was interrupted by the constant ringing of his phone, picking it up from the side table he read the caller id

Nandini Calling

"Hello nandini why are you calling me so late and that too from your room"

" Monsterrrrrrrr"

" Nandini are you drunk"

" Maybeeeeee" Nandini slurped from the other end

" Nandini where the fuck are you" Manik hurriedly got up from his bed looking out for a t shirt to cover his torso, he quickly got dressed and grabbed his car keys jogging down the stairs.

"I don't know hehehe" nandini giggled.

" What do you mean by you don't know" Manik stopped dead in his track

" What do you see around?" He asked

" Boys alot off hot Boysss,, reaaaalllyy hot boys, naked-"

" okay I don't want to hear that but Nandini please tell me what else do you see" This time he asked a little more calmly even if his insides were burning with anger and jealousy.

" okayyyyy I see I seee ohh yes I seee wishing well, but I don't have any coins monster jerk I want coinssss....... those round round coins"
" Nandini just stay there I am coming"

Manik ignited his car and rushed out of the porche, he didn't cared what speed he was driving in all he cared about right now was that his nandini was out in dumb fucking cold, between those bastard boys who could have been eyeing her god knows for so long. He finally arrived at his destination, THE CITY"S WISHING WELL.

Getting down he looked around for nandini but couldn't spot her until he found a upside down head. Nandini was on the bench lying upside down god knows saying what.

" Nandini"
" woah monster are you a wizard. DID you study at hogwarts. Oh my god you id meet harry potter right?"
" what?? no why would you even ask that. Nandini you are not in your senses, let's just get back home"

"You are a wizard. Manik is a wizard he is a wizard"

" No nandini I am not"

" yes you are, You are upside down loook"

" that is because you are lying upside down now get back"

" no"

" nandini get up "

" No No"

Manik had enough of her drunk behaviour so he just simply lifted her in his arms as if she weighted nothing and dropped her inside his car.

" Nooooo"

" Nandini listen now you are going to be a good girl and sit quietly"

" whyyyyy"

" because if you do I'll give you a chocolate"

" chocolateeee pakkaa"

" yes now sleep okay"

" aye aye captain"

Manik started his car and left for home while nandini drifted off to sleep. Time by time manik kept glancing at her but each time he looked at her she felt a lot more beautiful. Soon they were back home and manik lifted her up again in his arms walking up the stairs and finally in her room. Putting her down he tucked her properly turning to walk out of the room when he felt a tug on his wrist.

" nandini sleep"

" No"

" you are tired"

" No"

" what is up with you and this know"

" sit" nandini patted the space beside her shifting a little to make some room for him. Manik sat down while she still held his wrist

" you are so bad at keeping promises na" nandini spoke

" what promise"

Nandini extended her hand and spoke " my chocolate"

" oh god you are such a kid, I'll get your chocolate from the fridge"

But nandini stopped him again

" umhum not that"

" then?"

She drew him toward her with her eyes, he inclined his face toward hers and lay his mouth on her mouth, which was like a freshly split-open fig. For a long time he kissed nandini, and manik was filled with deep astonishment as she taught him how wise she was, how she ruled him, put him off, lured him back... each one different from the other, still awaiting him. Breathing deeply, he remained standing and at this moment he was like a child astonished by the abundance of knowledge and things worth learning opening up before his eyes.

After sometime they parted way and nandini was the one who broke the silence.

" this was sweeter I guess"

Manik smiled his best and simply laid her down beside him, pulling her closer he covered themselves with the quilt and shut the lights drifting off to sleep.