14:FLIPPER

Manik was burning inside out when he sat on his sofa re-mincing about the events that occured just 15 minutes prior that changed his mood completely.

He was back home soon from the office because to be honest that place was killing him, seriously the place that he used to love and run to in order to put all his emotions in his work felt like a trap today and moreover the employees couldn't even stand him another minute, he sensed that. So moral of the story is he was here early home today doing NOTHING, or maybe waiting for that one stupid girl who had been fucking with his mind and heart rather than him (irony).

And it was kind of annoying since the match he was watching was pretty intimate since football had always been his love but the annoying part here was that it had been 2 hours since he got back home and an hr since nandini's back home schedule but she was not here YET and to say he was restless was an understatement.

It wasn't that he hadn't tried calling her, i mean he wanted to but after the last conversion they had at his office, he wasn't sure if calling her would be fine. He did flip didn't he. Being from all rowdy on call to fumbling that the end instead of speaking the actual truth. But alas it was him MANIK MALHOTRA always the mysterious man for women.

Manik was trying too hard to focus on the screen in-front 3 hrs since her schedule of being back home and it was starting to eat her up from the inside, he had called her previously but she didn't pick up. Now Manik was utterly confused should he call any of her friends he knew or abhimanyu, he could right it wasn't as if he was worried for her, she was just his responsibility abhi gave to him. It was weird how he took so much care of his best friend and weird too like she was a doll, keeping her under check since everybody was leaving, under his check, WHY?

His trail of thoughts came to a sudden halt when he heard a loud engine roar from the porch of his house. Getting up from the couch and moving his lazy ass to the window he saw Nandini getting down from a bike , in-front was a guy of similar age who looked oh so nicely at her that Manik felt like replacing his eyes with those bike headlights. TOO HARSH.

Nandini stood in-front of him and spoke "It was such a nice evening today. Thank You"

" I am glad you felt that way, So are we meeting tomorrow?" the guy asked

"Uh not too sure about that but I'll surely let you know" Nandini replied and gave a small kiss on his cheek.

" goodnight" waving at him she got back inside the house and the bike went away with a roar.

Walking in she saw Manik standing with his hands folded in-front and a rather dismissive look on his face.

"Care to explain what took you so long?" Manik inquired.

"Explain what?" Nandini replied calmly pulling a water bottle out of the fridge and sipping from it.

"It's late nandini. Where have you been?" Manik inquired again keeping his anger and voice in check trying not to sound too desperate or worried.

" Oh you mean that actually the meeting got over too soon and I thought why not to have fun waise bhi it's really boring to stay up inside these four walls. Just thought to get back to my old life." nandini replied.

"and?" Manik raised his brows.

" and what? I had fun , enjoyed the night that's all"

"Nothing about the hero guy you came with"

" duh Manik stop acting like my dad and you are asking me as if you are my boyfriend and I am cheating on you. Relax malhotra I just met him at the bar and thought of a hook up. Big deal" Nandini replied.

" ya of course why do I care. I actually don't just asking because you are my responsibility" Manik spoke being his highest level irritated.

" Manik I am not sixteen loosen up, and look I am too tired got a meeting tomorrow, goodnight" Nandini walked up the stairs and turned back to give Manik one final look.

" let's see how you take this malhotra, shouldn't have started this game" Nandini spoke to herself and got back inside her room to freshen up.

Getting back to the present time here was Manik all hot in anger and MAYBE jealousy. He wanted to punch that guy so bad but now he had to get his horse together so he dialed a number he knew would never let him down.

" Hey john, I am actually gonna text you a CCTV footage, track the guy on that footage and by tomorrow I need all the details."

" sure sir will not let you down"

" I know you won't"

Manik canceled the call and walked back to him room hoping for a better day and information tomorrow.

The dawn arise and nandini was finally out of her bed and of course late for the meeting. In the adjacent room Manik was tying his tie while having a conversation with john over his Bluetooth.

" sir that guy is Ankit. He works at a software MNC"

" anything about the family or lifestyle" Manik inquired.

" Yes sir, he is a bright young man but his score in girls is not that bad, had a lot girlfriends and currently looking for a new one"

" ok thanks john"

" call me if you need anything sir"

Manik gave himself a final look in the mirror and thought " No one had the right to hurt you other than me Nandini and surely no one can have a right on you apart from me, let's see how long you can run"

He got down the stairs and almost collided with a bullet train aka Nandini.

" woah watch out miss bolt"

" huh what?" Nandini looked confused

" whats the rush?" Manik asked

"look I don't have time for your rubbish talks I am already late for the meeting"

" wait I'll drop you." Manik said

" nah not needed I'll go on my own..... uh no shit I forgot my car at the office"

"so may I drop you?" Manik asked again with a salient smile on his face.

" Okay but get going fast" saying this she literally ran away towards the car.

" idiot girl" Manik smiled being amused.

INSIDE THE CAR

" can't you drive faster" nandini asked

" excuse me this is a car not a jet plane and why cant you be on time, always late"

" oh hello I am never late"

Manik gave her a oh really look

" I mean it happens kabhi kabhi but not always okay" nandini spoke in a baby voice

" such a kid"

" such a monster"

The car halted at its desired destination and nandini hopped out of the car.Manik called out her name

" Nandini"

"han?"

" will you be coming home late today too?"

" depends on my mood. Why are you asking"

" nothing just like that"

Manik pulled out his car from her driveway and vanished away.

" Why is he so weird"