"The agreement between us was in fact, a threat as well. To the me, who gave birth to a daughter that I prayed to live a different life from mine, he suddenly appeared before my presence again and brought chains to restrain my daughter from living her life to its fullest.", she continued to retail the whole story.

The Marquis back then, thought of using Olivia's legitimate daughter as a bargaining chip for a trade of business so she could be more useful to him despite being born with the blood of a different man, running through her veins. Nevertheless, he was unsatisfied by the fact that the Marchioness shielded her freedom before his shackles could be attached to her side.

Olivia's wish was just one thing. She yearned for her daughter to walk along a flowery path, where she couldn't set her feet on by her own due to certain reasons whether it was in the past or the present. She wanted her to attain what she couldn't grasp with her two hands in the present where things has met its downfall. She prayed for her wings to remain unscathed from the cruelty of reality. That was the very cause of her daughters long-lasting innocence that lasted till this day.

Olivia accepted the shackles that was fed by her husband and applied it to herself, in exchange of her daughter's freedom and purity. For that she tried using his weakness(crimes) to threaten him so he wouldn't make any kind of move that would filth her precious child. But it didn't take long for the tables to be turned.

Realizing how his wife cherished the child a lot, he told her the next second that he would kill her daughter the moment she confesses what she held to the court, prior to shield himself while abandoning Raphaela's merit to his business. Although Olivia knew that this could be a bluff since her daughter still had many uses, it could be more of a fact as well since he could set an eye on her actions in addition to the Marquis preventing himself from taking risks so carelessly. That's why, she couldn't make any rash movements, resulting her to become so tame at the possibility of endangering her child's life.

"Although this might seem like a lame excuse instead of being a good reason, this was definitely why I couldn't do a single thing all this time. But then, a rare opportunity like this came to my life.", the Marchioness uttered at the end of her explanation.

"With this, please..."

Wearing a desperate yet sorrowful look on her face, through thick or thin, Olivia to held her head high in front of the jurors and begged them with a fragile-sounded voice.

"Please save us from that man's grasp."

There was a momentary silence after the lavender-haired woman boldly announced her greed in front of the people that inspected the trial that day. Her eyes that seemed to have the desire to grieve before the flashbacks of her suffering effectively seeped through the judges' conscience or morals.

"According to what the defendant has confessed, she was also treated the same way as the Marquis handled the servants under his control. There were three attempted murder cases where she was involved for following her father's commands."

"Firstly, was the death of the banished Evangeline Cia De Clemente after she was stripped off her title and banished from the land. The second was the deteriorating health of the deceased Sherryl Faire von Shevaria. And lastly, was the elimination of Melissa Ernel von Shevaria."

Following those sentences, the defense attorney carried on to the introduction of the final issue that would finish off the Marquis' innocence, for the sake of the judgement of the sins that he's committed to many.

Justice was on its way to completely punish the one who's gone astray from the path of the good.

"Infidelity, Intimidation, and Murder. We have now revealed three of the transgressions that Marquis Bryce Dougal y Aubetré has pulled off behind the scenes. However, there is still one more crime that is remained unspoken."

Not long after Chandler Eicren phrased those words, an assistant presented a certain notebook with a portable size to the magistrate.

"Defense counselor Eicren, this is-?"

"It's the official bank withdrawal history of the Aubetré Household. Please try flipping its pages until this year's recent withdrawals come into your sight."

As soon as the statement reached the Marquis' ears, he immediately made a flinch and gazed at the magistrate's direction with his eyes widened, as if there was something with the presented item. But then, the Duke that was next to him whispered at his cornered state.

"Got scared, this late? Father-in-law.", he said with a sense of sarcasm.

"Do you know whose fault it was that it's arrived to this kind of outcome? It was yours, without a doubt."

The Duke briefly paused before he could say another word.

"Even the fact that your daughter has evolved into such a cunning, venomous snake to the point that even you fell to her scheme-"

"You were responsible for her growth, Marquis."

Wendell slowly shifted his face to the person beside him and lightly said as if it was something common by now;

"It wouldn't be unnatural for things to end like this, if we look back at the crimes that you've committed, one by one."

The middle-aged man with the red hair couldn't help but feel devastated while forcing himself to stand straight despite how his legs shivered unconsciously. He felt like everything would end in a second, including his life.

It's all...... over... He said to himself in his thoughts.

His skin went pale while he felt like he would go crazy at any moment by now. His aspect became something vulnerable to madness as he deeply pondered about what went wrong among all of the things that he previously thought right.

What did I do wrong...... to deserve this...?

Memories slowly flashed back at his mind as he continued. Memories that showed the environment that he grew up in as a child, being manipulated by the natural greediness of his parents which were of lower ranks, not until he obtained the position that he sat upon this day.

All I did-

Was lust for the throne like how a normal aristocrat would do...

Thinking that, he soon gritted his teeth once more in a bit of an inward manner.

A minute or two has passed before the search could finish amid the two's one-sided conversation. The moment the beginning page of the asked portion was found, the magistrate noticed something different compared to the previous pages.

"Hm...?"

"Have you noticed, your honor?"