|Home Is The Same But I'm Not|

Start from the beginning

I nod and we both each hand him five dollars and he hands us about two each. Once we have them she takes my hand dragging me upstairs. Once we're in a random room she closes the door locking it behind us and we take a seat on the floor. "Don't you just hate fuckin' parties?" She asks me.

I nod taking a huge sip from the bottle of liquor. "Can't even explain to you how much I do." I look around the room my eyes falling on the bed. Though it's a random bed it reminds me exactly of the one he held me down in.

I can even hear him in my head repeating and taunting me "You're so fuckin' soaked" over and over and over again. The memories lasting longer than it took him to violate me. And even that felt like forever.

"You ever did these?" I ask holding up the blue pills in the baggie.

She shakes her head. "Nope. First time for everything right?" Usually I probably would've found that funny but instead I stayed emotionless and expressionless. She reaches her hand out a small smile on her face. "My names Alizah." She pronounces it like Uh-Lie-Zuh.

I reach mine out accidentally dropping the liquor on the floor. I pick it up before it could spill. "I'm-"

"Tahani Lowars. I know all about you." Alizah takes the liquor from my hand grabbing the pill she takes a sip and washes it down.

"How do you know me?" I ask her suspiciously. Could just be because there's not too many black kids there. But something tells me she knows me knows me.

A mug forms on her face. "I know that bitch Alexia."

I hold the pills in my hand staring down at them. "What happened with you two?" I've never knew all I know is that for weird reasons Alexia has never liked her. She doesn't try hiding it either.

She looks away and I can see her eyes getting glossy. She lifts the liquor bottle taking another sip. Once she's done she clears her throat. "Let's just say her brother likes to get a little touchy."

Just hearing that my eyes widen. "But he's-"

"Trying to become a priest? Yeah well he raped me." Alizah admits bluntly.

Tears almost come down my cheeks just hearing that. But she seems open and honest about it. "How didn't I know this?" I question.

She scoffs. "Hidden from the public. To have a family like there's exposed? They'd never let it happen. I mean you literally have rapists from their family being doctors, priests and much more. Then you have bitches like her defending them." She spits out.

I look at Alizah it's crazy how anyone can go through it and you wouldn't even tell. She doesn't look like the pain she's carrying. She's light skinned with straight hair that reaches the middle of her arm and a slim thick build. She doesn't look like a girl who has been assaulted, lost the case, still attending the school where they reside all because she wants a chance at a good future. But then again looks can be very deceiving.

I lean over gripping her hand. She stares up at me listening to every word I say. "I promise you on my entire life. He's going to pay. All of them." I swear.

She nods. "Thank you."

I lean back grabbing the pills I place them in my mouth and drink some more liquor. Once the drugs and liquor mix in my mind takes me to a whole different place. A reality where everything that happened to me didn't happen. Where I didn't change. Where all things could just stay the same.

Torin Truman•
"Taj"

"It's not your fault." Someone tells me for the hundredth time. Right now I'm sitting on the couch while most of my family is around. I'm pretty sure this is an intervention.