Chapter 46

AUTHOR'S

The court room is filled with Officials,
The kings concubines,the king himself and the queen,the 5 princes stood in the middle as they're surrounding by them sitting.

"do you know why you are here?"The King firmly asks while gloating at them.

Jake,Sunghoon,Sunoo and Jungwon acted confused putting up an act while Jay gulp.

"No your majesty,we are beyond confused when General Chou informed us that you wish to see us"Jake utter,the king look at him with furrowing eyebrows,the official is confused too because the king didn't tell them anything.

"that is right your majesty"Sunoo agreed.

"General Chou did not tell you?"The king asks annoyed.

"General Chou did tell us,what we mean is that Jay hyung is the only one you saw,we are not with him so why must we come here?"Sunghoon ranted warily.

"that is right but i thought you are teaming with him"The King barked gloating at Jay.

"they are not teaming with me Your Majesty,when i stole the herbal black flowers they're on the gathering"Jay explained calmly,hearing this the officials gasp.

"oh my son"Lady Park murmured painfully.

"yes that is right,we do not even know that he is planning to stole the herbal black flowers"Jungwon reasoned calmly.

"are you telling the true?"The King asked,Jay look at him and confidently.

"yes i am telling the true your majesty"Jay confidently answered.

"very well.Why would you stole the herbal black flowers?"The King asks in enrage.

"because i want to save the residents in Salya from dying"Jay plainly answered.

"why would you want to save those peasant?"Lady Shim murmured in disgust.

"because they are our people,we are suppose to give them medicine just incase they got sick but instead you are hiding the medicine that could have save alot of people!"Jay ranted loudly.

"they do not deserve the medicine because it was so expensive and they do not have enough financials to pay for it!"The King barked.

"what kind of a king are you?!"Jay yelled in disbelief.

"are you questioning my position?"The king asks dangerously.

"yes indeed i am"Jay responded glaring at his father.

"Jay hyung stop it now"Jake worriedly said,he's afraid because he's not fighting their father but Jay ignored him.

"very well,now we decide what is the punishment"The mention of this made the princes tensed.

"your majesty it is clear that he deserves to die,he has no exception"A Minister argued.

"He is a prince,he does not deserve to die!"Lady Park protested loudly.

"you Park your son deserves to die because he is a thief!"Lady Lee said.

"he doen not deserve to die!!"Lady Park loudly protested standing up.

"Mother can you please shut your mouth,do not act like you actually care for me because i know you are just afraid that your deal with alot of ministers here will be ruined and you will lose your power when i die because i can not marry their daughter you assigned for me"Jay rudely interrupted his mother glaring at her,a few ministers gasp hearing this.

"that is not tru-"

"yes it it true!"Jay argued.

"SILENCE!,the ministers are right Prince Jay is not exempted from the punishment of death because he stole something"The King declared,the Princes fell like crying but they stopped their self while Jay gulp in nervousness.

"you can not do that your majesty!"Queen Duhee argue now standing up,the king looked at her softening his eyes from the rage.

"he is your son and he just wanted to help our people,he may be stole the herbal black flowers but it was for our peoples own good"Queen Duhee babble warily.

"but he is still a thief!"Lady Shim spat.

"THAT IS ENOUGH SIT DOWN!"the king loudly ordered,they obey him and sit down.

"i personally do not want th-"He was cutted of when a minister stood up and huffed.

"just because he is your son,does not mean that he is exempted from the punishment,he stole a expensive herbal flower and gave it to the people in Salya for free where is the justice on that!?!"Minister Jang protested loudly,Lady Park glared at him while he evily smirk at her.The King close his eyes in disbelief then open it again.

"sit down Minister Jang.I made my decision,Prince Jay you are punished by death"The King declared with a heavy feeling.

The younger princes look down and let their tears fall down while Jay keep his chin up,Lady Park let out a massive sob,the other ladies just stayed silent and didn't do anything.

"Dehom"Queen Duhee mumbled in distaste and stood up then walk away with heavy feeling.

"take back your words king!you can not do that to my son! to OUR SON!!!"Lady Park protested again walking in the middle.

"The his majesty already declared it Lady Park do not argue anymore"Minister Jang smugly remarked,Lady Park glared at him.

"mother i accept it,i know this will come so i beg you accept my destiny too"Jay pleaded walking mear her and hold her hand.

"i can not accept it son,i love you even though i do not show it,i care for you.What you said earlier was not true,i am not scared to loss my power,i am ready to give it up just for you.Forgive me for my lack of presence in your l-life"Lady Park stated helplessly caressing her son's checks.

"i forgive you mother,i am sorry for talking like that to you and i love you too but i deserve this punishment"Jay said soothingly.Lady Park breath out almost choking at her sob before she fainted,luckily Jay catch her.

"Lady Park!"The Princes exclaimed helping Jay.

"General Chou assist Prince Jay to the dungeons"The King ordered emotionless.

"yes your majesty"General Chou said before approaching the princes with a few guards.

"Your highness we need to get you on the dungeons"

"yes,dongsaengs please take my mother to the medical room safely"Jay warily demanded running his finger to his mothers hair then gladly let the guards drag him to thr dungeons.

"and tell Enha my goodbye"He added before he fully disappeared with the guards.

____________________

sorry for any grammatical error and typos

VOTE💘