Chapter 36

AUTHOR'S P.O.V

Guards are around Minister Lee's cabin,some maids from the other cabin are there too,they're gawking the horrifying scene on the corner of the place,Lady Daeun's loud crying is heard and a faint groan from the beat up guard,Nicholas.

Enha reached the cabin and saw the horrifying scene,tears start to form on her eyes.Nicholas,her bestfriend is kneeling on the ground,bleeding,
weak and has alot of bruise,his handsome face is full of blood,two hulk guards are holding a big wood that looked like a baseball bat.

"Father please do not hurt him more!"A weak protest from Daeun was heard,her voice cracked.

"HE DESERVE IT!"Minister Lee hissed in anger.

"how dare you be in touch with my daughter you piece of low rank human!"He firmly snap at Nicholas.

"hit him!"He ordered in enrage.The guards obey him and start to hit Nicholas,Daeun's cry become louder than ever.

"Father i beg you please stop!"Daeun protested.

"You horrible lady,how dare you cheat on you fiancee with this PEASANT!"Minister Lee taunts.

"I DO NOT WANT PRINCE JAY,I WANT NICHOLAS,I LOVE HIM FATHER!"Daeun firmly remarked,this only made Minister Lee furious.

"hit him hard!"He ordered,the guards start to hit Nicholas hard.Enha can't take it anymore.

"STOP!"She loudly exclaimed then run towards the bloody Nicholas as soon as the guards stopped their movement,the crowd stare at her as if she has grown two heads.She didn't care,she kneel down to Nicholas and caress his bloody cheeks,his eyes are almost closing but he know it's her.

"what are you doing here fool?"He weakly asks.

"i can't let you die idot,Daeun will be sad"Enha answer him warily while she eyed the crying lady.

"i am going to die any minute now,my body is badly beat up,i can not take it anymore,tell her i love her so much"He murmured weakly.Before she could talk,she was interrupted.

"What are you doing here Lady Enha?"Minister Lee asks in distaste.

"you can't go beating someone up just because he loves your daughter you greedy fat old man!!!"She bravely yelled.Minister Lee was offended by it.

"who are you to speak like that to me!?"He spat.

"I'm Enha stupid!"Enha sassily spat back,the crowd gasp even Daeun who was crying mess.Minister Lee start to stir uncomfortably as anger flow to his inside.

"GET HER!"He demanded,two hulk guards went to her and yank her out of Nicholas using her arms,she struggle on their hold but it's no use.

"lemme go idiot!!"She yelped.

"do not mind her.Proceed the beating until he die"Ministeree firmly ordered,when Daeun heard that she cry more and more yelling to her father to stop but unfortunately he didn't listen.

The guards continue to beat Nicholas,even though they don't want to,but they can't do anything but to obey because Minister Lee can order someone to kill their families.An long minute stretch by and Nicholas fall on the ground,Daeun shouted in horror,Enha become numb unable to move or speak,the crowd tensed,the guards who beat Nicholas up,felt their tears fall down.

"NO!"Daeun yelled finally having a strength to break the guards hold and run to her lover.Minister Lee is pleased by the sight,he smirked but glare at Enha who glare back.

"ALL OF YOU GET OUT!!!"He roared to the crowd,they all run away from the cabin leaving Minister Lee,Enha,
Daeun and the guards.

"come here Daeun"Minister firmly ordered but Daeun ignored him.
Minister Lee sigh in disbelief and decided to just leave her alone.

Enha weakly marched towards the couple.She kneel down in front of Daeun who was now embracing her lovers lifeless body.

"I-if i knew t-that this will ha-happen,i s-should have n-not invited you i-in my room"Daeun helplessly sob.

"I-if i knew this w-will happen,w-we should have not da-date,i-i prefer f-following y-you around like a l-lost puppy w-while you i-ignore me t-than this!"Daeun sob loudly clutching Nicholas on her chest.All Enha could do is watch.

Daeun continue to sob while Enha silently sob too,she touched Nicholas's cold hands,the mood was so gloomy,Nicholas's blood splatter on the dirty ground.Time pass by and they're still on the ground sitting down.They stop crying already,their eyes stopped producing tears,they're just sitting there numb unable to move.

They then heard footsteps,Enha look up to see the princes looking horrified and shock,Daeun didn't care who walked to them,the only thing she cared is her dead lover.

"Oh god"Heeseung exclaimed quietly in horror.Enha weakly rushed to Sunoo who has tears in his eyes.

"That old man killed him Sunoo"She whimper.

"He is evil"Sunoo remarked firmly.Jay went near Daeun and kneel down besides her.

"Daeun,let us carry him so we can arrange his funeral"Jay murmured soothingly.

"J-Jay?"Daeun weakly called out.

"yes?"Jay answered quietly.

"My Nicholas is gone"She stated then
again tears formed on her tired eyes.

"he is in better place now Daeun"Jay comforted.

"but he can not leave me Jay,i love him and he loves me"Daeu weakly said.

"i know Daeun but you have to understand that he is gone and you will see him again someday"Jay told her gently,she become mute.

Jay signalled Heeseung and Sunghoon to carry the lifeless Nicholas and to their surprise Daeun didn't protes,she let them,Enha took this chance to go to her.

"oh Daeun"She exclaimed hugging the Lady.

"why must father kill him,he did not do anything bad Enha,he is a sweetheart"Daeun whispered painfully,Enha hummed urging her to continue talking.

"thank you for trying to save him,that means alot,i do not have the strength to smack father's head to make him stop"Daeun weakly said,Enha chuckled lightly but painfully.Daeun stopped talking and began to fall asleep as she is very tired.

"Jake do mind carrying her?"Enha softly ask.

"no i do not mind"Jake said then went to Enha then gently transfer the sleeping lady on his arms.

"let us go,Jake take her to her room,Enha please call the healer while I,Sunghoon and Jay will takecare of Nicholas"Heeseung told them warily.They all nodded then walk away with a sleeping broken Lady on Jake's arms and a lifeless guard.

____________________
what do you think about this chapter?

sorryfor any grammatical error and typos

VOTE💘