Chapter 33

AUTHOR'S P.O.V

After a long walk in the middle of the night they finally reached the palace,some guards opened the gate and they stepped in.They were greeted by a very furious General Chou,the guards let them go then they faced the General.

"what is this?!"He lash out loudly,the princes look down so does me and Daeun.

"this is not a prince and a lady's doing!"He yelled,Enha was scared even though she's not that important like the princes and Daeun.

"We sincerely apologies General Chou"Heeseung look down in shame.

General Chou sigh in enrage but he keep his self calm,he was afraid when a panting guard reported that the princes has been spotted in the Salya,he was so afraid that something might happen to them,he can't let that happened.General Chou turn his attention to Enha who was looking down as well.

"You!"He yelled at the poor lady,Enha flinched when he went to her and grip her arms.

"ouch"She let out a small cry.

"please don't hurt her"Sunoo mumbled as tears fall down to his cheeks.

"YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO KEEP THEM SAFE,TO GUARD THEM BUT INSTEAD YOU JOINED THEM ON THEIR UNWORTHY DOING!!!"He taunts ignoring Sunoo.Enha look at him scowling.

"Excuse me General Chou,i am not their guard.I AM THEIR MAID!,server,slave,helper MAID!!!"Enha yelled in frustration,the princes and Daeun jumped to their spot.

"oh you dare to speak like that to me! you're peasant!"He spat loudly.

"i don't care if you're a General,you're blaming me for something i didn't do!"Enha spat back but instantly regret it when the Princes sob harder,yes they're crying except for Daeun who have a watery eyes.

"I'm sorry"She cooed.

"General it is not her fault it was ours"Jake told the General as if he was begging.

"your highness please do not claim this lady's mistake as yours because it is not"General Chou told him warily.

"bring this lady to the dungeon!"He loudly ordered the guards,Enha's eyes widen in shock while the 7 princes and Daeun has their eyes wide in fear.

3 guards drag her to the dungeons leaving the crying Princes and a now sobbing lady.

"assist them to their room"General Chou said to a few guards,the princes and Daeun was defenseless so they weakly walk to their room.

"i shall report this to his majesty"General Chou murmured then walk away too.

________________
The bright sunlight woke Enha up,she was laying on the cold ground of the dungeon,they were so cruel to her last night,they just dump her in with force in result she have a huge bruise on her arms.She slowly stood up groaning at the pain on her hips,the guards did a really good job on pushing her.

"Enha the king is expecting you on the court room"Nicholas who look at her in sadness informed her.

"alright then lemme out of here"She weakly said,Nicholas opened the metal bars and gently grab her by her arms.The lady yelped when Nicholas accidentally touched her bruise that is hiding behind the long sleeve of her dress.

"that bastard"Nicholas spat as he know that his bestfriend is hurt.

"it's fine Nicho just take me to the court room"Enha weakly ordered him,she's feeling weak,she is afraid of what will happen to her.

Nicholas sigh in defeat,he really want to treat her bruise but he can't so he just drag her warily on the court room just like she requested.
____________________
By the time they reached the room,Enha began to sweat she was nervous.Guards open the door and there she saw the helpless princes,alot of ministers,the queen and the concubines then the king.She gulp when they gaze her.

"kneel down"The king firmly ordered.Enha obeyed and kneel down in front of them,she took a quick glance to the other prince,they're staring at her,any minute their tears will fall down,Sunoo is already sobbing as he look at his lover.

"now you filthy maid,how dare you let them roam around that town!"The King roared.

"they could have been killed!!!"He roared again.

"Father it is not her fault"Sunoo suddenly chimes in,he stood straight with a determine expression on his face.

"what do you mean my son?"The king asks as his face soften.Queen Duhee stare at his son and she caught something.

"she did not let us sneak out father,it was our own doing"Sunoo admitted,the ministers gasp.The King have a hard look on his face.

"we just drag her with us...we had been sneaking out for a long time father,it is not her fault"He admitted again.

"then why did not she stop you?"A minister asks.

"she did but we are stubborn so we force her to come with us"This time it was Jungwon who spoke.

"do not defend her son!"Lady Yang exclaimed,she can't believe her son just defend a maid.

"that is the truth your majesty"Sunghoon added.

The king sigh in frustration,he look at the kneeling lady and signals his right man to announce the decision written on a folded paper.

"the ministers and his majesty have decided that your punishment will be..."

Enha's tears fall down on her cheeks,she was sure that this will be her last day of being alive.

___________________
sorry for any grammatical error and typos

VOTE💘