♡ ꜱɴᴏᴡʏ ɢᴇᴛᴀᴡᴀʏ (ᴘᴛ. ꜰɪᴠᴇ) - ʟᴇᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴡɪɴᴛᴇʀ ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ || ᴏʙᴇʏ ᴍᴇ ɢᴀɴɢ ♡

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

Simeon's POV

"They'll be fine. Lucifer's with them, he should be able to protect Luke," Solomon assures you as Diavolo and Barbatos warm up by the fireplace and the demon brothers, apart from Lucifer and Mammon, take off their winter coats. They had arrived earlier than the others, who have yet to come back. You pray for their safety as you pace back and forth.

"I shouldn't have been so careless..." you rub your temples in frustration. Muttering and blaming yourself constantly for all of this, you can't shake off all the guilt and shame you've been carrying for the past few hours. "If I had been more responsible, maybe we could've actually enjoyed this nice day off... I apologise, Diavolo."

The demon prince shakes his head, "Now, now, you're being too harsh on yourself. Sometimes things don't go our way and we just have to accept it and deal with it."

"I want to think positively right now... but-"

Abrupt and desperate banging on the door cuts you off as muffled cries for help can be heard from the other side of the wooden barrier. Barbatos hurriedly turns the knob and two figures fall flat on their faces as they rush inside.

Mammon comes in with a scarf and a stick tied around his ankle. The twins move towards their older brother in an instant and help him to the couch, Asmodeus brings a stool over to him where he places his wounded foot on top.

Your heart almost stops as soon as you identify the second person who burst through the doors. "Luke!"

At the sound of your voice, he lifts his head up and his eyes meet yours with an apologetic look. "Simeon! I'm sorry!" he wails as he runs to you and cries into your clothes.

You throw your arms around him as well, tightening your embrace as you softly sob. Reunited at last, you have so much to say to him, so much to ask, but all that matters now is that he's here and he's fine. With so many emotions inside you, it's hard to explain how you feel. All you can say is you're at peace, at ease, and relief has never felt more soothing.

"Luke, you're back!" Leviathan notices.

Mammon frowns and crosses his arms, "Seriously?! Are ya kiddin' me right now?!"

"Oh, you're here too, Mammon. But where's (MC) and Lucifer?" Levi looks around.

As if they're summoned by their names, the last two members of Lucifer's rescue team arrive in the cabin at long last, looking battered. (MC) has trouble standing up on her own and her face remains pale and tired. Lucifer leads her to the couch, where she immediately collapses. Barbatos immediately shuts the door once they get in, refusing to take the risk of having anything else also taking refuge in the cabin with the rest of you.

Luke's eyes grow in concern, "(MC)! Are you ok?"

She opens her mouth but doesn't respond to the question. You approach (MC) and gently put your hand on her shoulder, "Thank you... for bringing Luke back," you smile. To show your gratitude even further, you lean in close and kiss her cheek before your foreheads touch.

Lucifer turns to Solomon, "The book you gave (MC), what were you thinking?!"

Looking offended, the sorcerer furrows his brows, "The book was supposed to help protect (MC), she doesn't have any powers like the rest of you."

The Avatar of Pride shoves the book into Solomon's hands, his finger marking a page with a single magic circle on it. It has no other description or notes, unlike the other pages. "This spell, (MC) used it. What's going to happen to her?"