Chapter 23//The Note

GUYSSSS!!! THANK YOU FOR 2.03K READS!!!! ❤️❤️

Anyways.... I've been busy lately with family, friends, and school. I have to go to a wedding and some Quinceañeras and I have to wear a dress🥲

I
HATE
WEARING
DRESSES!
😭😭

I have to go to school now :,(

OKAY BYESSSSSSSSSSSS❤️❤️

POV MARINETTE

I entered the school's office as I saw Emma coloring on a coloring book sitting on a desk. Emma saw me and ran after me with hug.

"Mommyyyy!" Emma yelled happily.

"Hey Emma." I held her hand and nervously walked the way to the front where her kindergarten teacher was.

"Hi Ms. Martin, I'm so sorry I didn't pick her up on time. I was always the kind of girl who is always late." I scratched my cheek nervously.

"It's fine for now Ms. Dupain-Cheng. But you just need to sign here for pick up." She handed me a pick up sheet. I signed it. She kept looking at my neck and collarbone, I was confused.

"So you were pretty busy. That's why you forgot about your daughter." It seemed like she was holding in a laugh.

"Oh um yeah. I was really b-busy." I smiled. "Well goodbye thank you!" Emma and I left.

Emma sat at the back of the car on her car seat. I clipped her seatbelt on. I closed her door and walked to the front of the car. When I was about to open the door, I got a call from Nathaniel.
I answered.

M= Marinette N= Nathaniel

M: Hello?

N: Hey baby

M: Oh Hey babe.

N: So I was wondering what would you like for lunch when I come in Wednesday.

M: oh uh well maybe just pizza.

N: Didn't we eat pizza like last week?

M: Well yeah but that's me and Emma's favorite food.

N: Eh okay then. How is my little Emma doing? Does she miss me?

M: Uh well she is doing fine. And yeah she does miss you.

N: Does she miss me more than her stupid dad? Hahahaha.

M: Shut up. I told you that isn't funny.

N: Sorry, you know I'm just joking around.

M: Well I hope so. Anyway, I'm kinda busy so bye.

N: Bye baby! Love youuu!

M: Bye babe!

I ended the call and sighed.
I sat inside my car and started it.

"Was that my daddy?" Emma asked from behind.

"Uh no that was Nathaniel." I said.

"Oh..." Emma frowned.

"Why don't you like him." I turned around to look at her.

"I want you to be with my daddy. Not with him." She whined.

"But...... I d-don't want to..." I frowned.

"Why not mommy! He told me he loves you soooo~ much. And what is that on your neck?" She said staring and pointing at my neck.