Chapter 55

*4 days later*
We switched shifts of staying with Nina, I stayed most of the time, not ready to leave her side. The only reason I left is because the others made me, I barely slept tho. I was sitting next to Nina and talked to her like I did the whole time, the doctor said that was good for her brain activity. "Wake up soon okay honey? I really need you." I said as I rubbed her hand. I felt a small movement in her fingers but nothing changed. I went to get the doctor anyway. As I reached the front desk I saw a golden glow going over everyone and I felt different. "Nina." I thought to myself as I rang the bell. "Hi so I felt small movement in miss Stark's fingers." I said as the nurse cane to me and her eyes widen as she ran to Nina's room. I followed her and Nina was floating in a golden like cocoon as we saw her wounds being healed. "Ma'm I know what is happening, she will be awake soon. Like she has those powers to keep the building from collapsing long enough, to run in and out really fast and to teleport she also have a power to heal herself. I'll call again when she wakes up." I said as I grabbed my phone to call the others. The nurse walked out to alert the doctor and I sat back down next to Nina waiting patiently again for her to wake up and for the others to arrive. We ignored protocol and we all waited together in her room. After a few hours Nina slowly went back down onto her bed and the cocoon disappeared. "Someone go get the doctor." I said as I looked at Nina and the last part of her cocoon disappeared. Peter quickly ran off to get the doctor.

Nina's POV
I felt like I needed air and so I quickly opened my eyes as I sat up and gasped for air. I looked around and saw everybody around me as a doctor ran in. Steve grabbed my hand as he noticed that I was confused. "W-what happened?" I asked and then I remembered. "Oh my god is that little girl okay?" I asked and looked at Steve. "Please tell me she's alive and well?" I asked again as fear started to slip in. Steve softly placed his hand on my cheek and smiled. "You saved her Nina." He said and I let out a deep breath of relieve as I dropped back down and stare at the ceiling. "Thank God." I said and then looked at everybody. "Wait... why am I in the hospital?" I asked and looked at the doctor. "You went unconscious right after you saved the little girl and we were called and told what happened." He said as he walked over. "You did something amazing, you're now a hero. The girl gave you a name and it caught on." He said and turned on the TV. We all looked at the TV and I gasped.
The News Highlight:

So the girl named me Goddess of Gold?" I asked when I looked back at the doctor

So the girl named me Goddess of Gold?" I asked when I looked back at the doctor. "Well actually THE Goddess of Gold but I guess they forgot that part." He said and smiled at me, we have to do some tests before we can let you go." He said and I sat up. "What kind of tests?" I asked and he smiled. "Just the regular check ups." He said and I shook my head. "Only my own doctor can do that." I said and looked at the others. "Yes we have our own doctor, he knows what to do and knows how she reacts." Tony said as he walked over to me. "Trust me, she is not good with strange people running tests and do a regular check up, I highly recommend you to send her home with us so we can get her to her own doctor." Clint said as they all got up. "Uh... w-w-we can't do that, it's against protocol." The doctor stuttered and laughed. "Protocol or not she won't be tested by you, so you either clear her or we will just take her." She said and I just looked at my hands. "Okay I'll clear her." He said as he walked out to get the forms. "How long have I been out?" I asked Steve softly. "4 days." He said as he smiled and put a piece of hair behind my ear. "Oh no." I said as I stopped the time and everyone stopped in place. I clapped my hands again to change everything back to the normal world before starting the time again. "4 days?" I asked, acting like nothing happened. "Yeah and we all been by your side, only when we forced Steve to leave your side tho." Nat said and winked at me. I weakly smiled and looked ar my hands again. "So what did I miss?" I asked and Tony chuckled. "Nothing at all sweetheart, only you sleeping." He said and kissed my head. The doctor walked in with the forms and Tony signed them. I got out of the bed and pulled all the tubes and cables out of my body before walking to the bathroom, my legs caved in and Steve caught me. He grabbed my suit and brought me to the bathroom and motioned Wanda to go in with me and help me put it on. When we were done Steve walked in and picked me up. "Let's go home." He said and kissed me before carrying me to the car. We quickly drove back to the compound, when we arrived Steve picked me up again and brought me to his room and put me down. "I'll be back soon." He said as he kissed my forehead, I nodded and Steve walked out of the room. I tried to get up to go to my room and get changed but I failed. "Shit." I thought to myself and used my powers to get in to the speakers. "Guys I need help. I wanted to go to my room to get changed but I failed so now I'm stuck on the floor." I said as I just laid down. Steve came in and put me back on the bed as Nat came in with some sweats. "Sorry guys." I said and they both smiled. "Don't worry about it." Nat said as Steve changed his shirt. "Here." He said and gave me his worn shirt. "I might be away for a few hours." He said as he sat down. "We are having a meeting but I'll try to come back as soon as possible." He said and smiled. "Thanks Captain." I said and he smiled before giving me a long kiss. "I missed this." He said as we pulled away. I smiled and he kissed my cheek before getting up and walking out. Nat helped me getting changed and then walked out as well. I laid in a comfortable position and before I knew it I fell asleep.