Chapter 46

Once I got control over my powers again I took of the shield and opened up the door with my mind as I stayed in the position I'm in. I heard someone walk in but I didn't move. They sat down next to me and didn't say anything at all. We just sat there for a little while before I opened up my eyes. I looked next to me and saw Peter sitting next to me. He looked at me side-eyed and acted like he only just saw me as he smiled. "Oh you're here too." He said as I pushed him playfully. "Shut up Parker." I said and laughed as I laid down on my back. He did the same and we looked at each other. "Are you okay?" He asked and I nodded. "Just a bit tired of not being good enough for my dad, you know?" I said as I shrugged and Peter sat up. "You know he just wants the best for you, right?" He asked and I sighed as I sat up as well. "I know but that doesn't mean he gets to react like this just because I was having a bit of fun. Or for me to be EXACTLY as he wants me to be." I said and played with my fingers. "I just somehow want to show him, that this is MY life and that I am not some puppet that he can control." I said and looked at Peter. He nodded and smiled at me. "I get that but maybe just talk to him about it." Peter said and shrugged as I shook my head. "I can't, I tried before but he won't listen." I said and he nodded as he looked in front of him with a focused look on his face. "All I can think of is being an annoying, spoiled brat." I said and he laughed. "Please don't." He said and sighed as he got up. "Well what else am i supposed to do when he doesn't listen to me?" I asked as he pulled me up as well. "I don't know but just don't sight of yourself, trying to get back at him." He said and he put his arm around my shoulder as we walked back to the living room. When we arrived I saw that Tony left and I dropped down on the couch. "Why is this so hard?" I asked and Steve and Wanda walked in. "What is hard?" Wanda asked and I looked up. "Being Tony's daughter and trying to find a way to make it clear that I am my own person and not some puppet." I said and sighed as I rubbed my hands over my face. "Oh I'm sure it will change soon." Wanda said as she sat down next to me, I looked unconvinced at her and patted her shoulder. "You just keep believing that." I said and laughed. "Trust me, I'm waiting for that change already for years. My mom got it from my dad because she wanted me to be someone else too. The only difference is that she neglected me and my dad is overprotective, which makes me being unable to be just me, now I am just acting as a reflection of their wishes when I'm not by myself or here." I said and sighed. "No matter how I tell him, it will never change." I said and Steve sat down on the other side of me. "Just believe and be patient, I'm sure that he will see it now." He said as he pulled me into him. I laid my head on his shoulder and sighed. "I hope you're right, otherwise the missions are going to be a hell." I said as he softly rubbed my shoulder and Wanda grabbed my hand. "You got this Nina." Wanda said as I looked at her and she smiled at me. "Okay done with being sad, let's play some piano." Steve said and pulled me to the piano. We sat down as I laughed and I taught Steve a new piece to play. Wanda grabbed Peter and they started with dinner. I looked at Steve as he was focused to learn the piece. I felt so happy and I just couldn't help but smile. "Could I maybe play some piano with Nina?" Bucky asked as he walked in and Steve looked at me to see if it was okay. I softly nodded and smiled at him. "I'll be fine I promise." I said softly and kissed his cheek. "Thank you." I said before Steve got up and he smiled at me as Bucky walked over. Bucky sat down and looked at me with sadness in his eyes. "I'm so sorry for what I did Nina, I have no idea what got in to me." He said and I smiled weakly. "It's hard to believe that tho." I said and he nodded. "I get that I just hope this will help." He said as he started to play hold my hand by Michael Jackson and Akon, which was our song the whole time he took care of me. Bucky sings Michael's part and I sing Akon's part while looking at Steve.

Who was standing in the doorway. Bucky looks over to Steve and smiled when we finished the song. "So are you guys official yet?" He whispered and I blushed as I shook my head. "Let me fix that." He said and winked at me as he walked away. Steve sat down next to me again and I laid my head on his shoulder. "Are you okay?" He asked and I nodded. "Just glad one situation got cleared up again." I said as I lifted my head up to look at him, he smiled at me and started to play the part of the piece I just taught him. "Glad to hear you guys are okay again." He said as he started to focus again.