Chapter 25

*That night at 12am*

"So this will help read your brain activities." Tony said as he placed a piece on my head and I nodded. "Steve will stay with you and he'll let me know when something happens." He said and looked at Steve, who in return looks at me. "Okay, so basically just make sure I stay awake. Easy." I said and smiled. "If it's not possible just go to sleep okay?" Tony said and I nodded. Steve and I walked to the living room. "Wanna play a game?" I asked and he smiled. "Sure." He said and I grabbed the big talk cards. We played the entire time hut as soon as the clock struck 2 I went numb, this time I saw everything happening. "Nina? Are you okay?" He checked the time. "Oh shit." He called Tony while keeping an eye on me. I wanted to say something but I couldn't, I lost all control over my body. I got up and walked to the roof, I sat down and the mist appeared again and I stared to the sky. "Yes we are on the roof now." Steve said behind me. I felt my powers getting stronger with every second that passes by, "yes she is fine Tony, she's just sitting there and staring at the sky." Steve said while staying exactly where he is. "No I won't pull her out of it, what if it goes wrong?" I hear him say irritated. I could feel my heartbeat going faster and then all of a sudden I teleported to my bedroom and everything was normal. "Oh no what if- if it wasn't a nightmare." I said to myself and started to panic and that's when it hit me, it WASN'T a nightmare... it was a vision. I stormed out of my room and ran to get in my car. "NINA WAIT!" Steve yelled behind me. "I CAN'T I HAVE TO GO SEE MY DAD!" I yelled back as I got in my car. Steve got in as well. "I'll come too." He said. I didn't have time to argue and just started to drove off I was driving way faster than the speedlimit and Steve was holding himself. "Nina... maybe you should slow down." He said and I just kept driving. I stopped the car right in front of Tony's house, not caring if it was parked right and got out. Tony came running outside. "Nina what's wrong?" He said and I started crying as I fell into his arms. "What's wrong?" He asked again as he went through my hair with his fingers. "It wasn't a dream." I cried out. "What do you mean?" He asked and looked at Steve who in return shrugged his shoulders. "Dad you are gonna die." I said, "Well we are all someday." He said and tried to laugh it off. "No dad my nightmare of you and Nat. It wasn't a nightmare... it was a vision." I said, I pulled away and looked him dead serious in the eyes. "W-when?" He stuttered and I shrugged my shoulders. "I only saw the moment it already happened." I said softly. "Okay okay calm down it will be fine." He said as he pulled me back into a hug. "Just... calm down honey." He said softly as he rubbed my back. "I-I don't know what to do." I said as he kept rubbing my back. "We'll call doctor strange to come to the compound tomorrow." He said softly. "Now you and Steve will go back to the compound. I will call Strange tomorrow and we'll meet you at the compound in the morning okay?" He asked and I nodded. "Let Steve drive, you're not stable enough right now." He said and I handed Steve my keys. I walked towards the car. "Cap, can I talk to you?" He asked and they talked while I was in the car. A few minutes have passed when Steve steps into the car. "Are you okay?" He asked as he started the car. I shrugged my shoulders and stared at the dashboard. He turned a bit so he was facing me. "You can talk to me, you know that right?" He asked and I nodded. We stayed like that for a bit before we drove back to the compound. We walked to our rooms. "Steve?" I said and he stopped and face me. "Yeah?" He asked and I looked at the ground. "Could you stay with me tonight." I asked softly and started to fiddle on my shirt. He stepped forward and lifted my chin softly. "You want me to?" He asked and looked at me with worry in his eyes. "Yes please." I said and he smiled at me. "Okay, which room you want?" He asked. "Yours please." I said and blushed. He took my hand and took me into his room. He went to the bathroom and got changed, when he got back he chuckled. "You could have already laid down Nina, you know that right?" He said and I nodded. "Come on." He said and laughed. We walked towards the bed and got in. "Wanna tell me what's wrong?" He asked, I took a deep breath before telling him about my fear due to the last events with Bucky and what I exactly dreamt about this afternoon. "We should keep me being here for the night between us for now tho." I said at the end and he smiled at me. "Don't worry I don't want a fight with Tony." He said and I chuckled. He pulled me into him and we fell asleep quickly.
Nina and Steve: