Chapter 54

*3 days later (still the musical reality)*
The Avengers went on a mission and Tony decided I would sit this one out. I was bored and was sliding through the hallway on my socks wearing a pair of shorts and Steve's button up shirt.

 I was bored and was sliding through the hallway on my socks wearing a pair of shorts and Steve's button up shirt

I was going into another slide when I got called on my earpiece. "Yello, Stark DIY package speaking." I said as I made another slide. "Nina, we can all hear you." Tony said as I heard the others laugh. "I know." I said as I kept sliding. "I need you to search up some info." Steve said. "Ohhhhh so NOW I can be in on this mission." I said as I imagined everyone shooting angry eyes at Tony. "Nina please?" Tony asked. "Repeat after me." I said and Tony sighed. "Fine." He said and I smiled as I walked to the lab. "Dearest Nina Maria Stark." I said and he repeated after me. "I'm sorry for telling you to stay behind, I never should have done that." I said and he repeated it again. "You're better than me and I will never do it again unless there is a logical explanation." I said and everybody laughed a little as he repeated. "You're the best leader and will take my place in the future." I said and everyone bursted out laughing. "Never." Tony said. "Okay bye." I said and disconnected as I turned the computer on. I sat down and patiently waited for then to call back in. I was spinning in the chair when I got called back in. "Yello, Stark Industries best product ever made speaking." I said and I heard Peter snort. "Okay Nina, you're the best leader and will take my place in the future." He said and sighed. "Okay. What may I do for you Captain?" I said and smiled knowing Steve loves it. "Can you look for the exact location of the enemies?" Steve asked. "Anything for you Captain." I said and I heard Clint fake gag on the comms. "Get a room you two." Clint said. "I can pull him out of the mission if you want? I replied. "NO!" They all yelled and I sighed. "No fun." I said as I found the location. "Found it." I said and gave them the location. "Now if you excuse me I have some sliding business to get to, good luck and DON'T fuck it up." I said before disconnecting. As I was about to go sliding again a sirene went off. "Miss Stark, there was a big explosion in a building and it is about to collapse." F.R.I.D.A.Y. said and I gasped. "You want me to call everyone back?" F.R.I.D.A.Y. asked as I ran to my room. "No I'll go." I quickly put my suit on and put placed the earpiece on my nightstand teleporting in front of the building. I gasped by the sight of the flames. "EVERYBODY MOVE!" I yelled as I ran through. "EVERYBODY STAY CALM!" I yelled as I ran into the building not thinking it all through, I pulled everyone out one by one using my powers to hold the building together. "MOMMY!" I heard a little girl yell standing near a window on the top floor. "Shit." I thought to myself as I ran back in, I felt my energy being totally drained, I grabbed the little girl and teleported us out of the building with my last energy and landed in front of the building with her in my arms as the building collapsed. I pressed my earpiece to say something but I realized I left it back home and fell unconscious.

Steve's POV

We arrived back in the compound and called for Nina but got no reaction. "F.R.I.D.A.Y. where is Nina?" Tony asked. "She went to save people from a collapsing building sir." F.R.I.D.A.Y. replied. "Wait what?" Tony asked and looked ar us. "Why didn't you call us back?" He asked worried. "She asked me not to sir." F.R.I.D.A.Y. said. "SEND ME THE LOCATION NOW!" I yelled as I ran out. I ran as fast as I could. I got the location from F.R.I.D.A.Y. I arrived at the scene but Nina was nowhere to be found, just relieved people. "Excuse me?" I said and tapped a lasy's shoulder, she turned around and gasped. "Captain America." She said and I briefly smiled. "Yes that's me where is the girl who saved all if you?" I asked and she smiled. "She was brought to the hospital, she was unconscious." She said and I nodded. "Thank you." I said as I ran towards the hospital. "Guys come to the hospital, she's there." I said through the comms. I arrived at the hospital at the same time as the others and we ran inside. "We're here for Nina Stark." Tony said and the lady behind the desk looked up confused. "We don't have a Nina Stark here." She said. "We're here for the girl who saved all those people from the exploded building." I said and she smiled. "Oh our Jane doe. Only family can go in." She said as she got up. "We are family." We all said and she gasped. "S-s-sure." She stuttered before bringing us to her room. We walked around the corner and could look into her room from across the hall, We all gasped as we saw the burn marks and cuts on her body. "Steve you can go in first." Tony said and I looked at him surprised. "Go before I change my mind." He said and I shook my head. "She is your daughter, you go first." I said and pushed him in. He nodded and walked towards Nina as we closed the door behind him. We all waited patiently as we all went in one by one, I decided to go last. It was my turn, I walked passed Peter who just got out and patted him on the shoulder as I walked in. I closed the door snd walked over to Nina and sat down next to her. "Hey beautiful." I said as my voice broke and I stroke her hair. "It's me, I'm so proud of you." I said softly and smiled. "Please wake up soon." I said as I kissed her hand that wasn't burned and a tear rolled down my face. I just held her hand for the next couple of hours. The doctor has been in and out of the room to check up on her. "A mother and her little girl are waiting outside to thank her when she wakes up." The doctor said and I nodded. Another few hours later the others went for dinner but I couldn't leave her side. "Here." Nat said as she handed me my food and I smiled weakly. "She will get out of this Steve, she's a tough one, she's not ready to go yet." She said and placed her hand on mine. I nodded and looked back at Nina. "I know, I just wish it was sooner than later." I said and she smiled with sympathy at me before walking out.