Chapter 37

*In the evening*
We played Monopoly for hours before we had to eat dinner, Nat brought my dinner and took my cuffs off so that Tony could turn them into bracelets and Steve decided to eat with me so she brought his dinner as well. I sat against the right side of my cell and Steve said at the same line, facing me. "Will you really be okay?" He asked after sitting in silence for awhile and I nodded. "I will cause I got you." I said and smiled at him, he smiled a little before taking a bite of his food. "I just feel so guilty, I should have been faster. She didn't deserve this." He thought to himself and I snapped my head to look him in the eyes. "This is NOT your fault, this is no one's fault but the one who gave me the powers. I am okay, I promise." I said loudly so that it would clear and he looked at me in shock. "Sorry." I said and looked down to my plate. "It's okay, you've had a long day." He said and smiled at me as I looked at him. I nodded, I placed my plate in the compartment and sat behind the piano and just played some random notes. "Hey Steve." I said as I turned around and looked at him. He looked up and finished his food. "Yeah?" He asked as I walked towards the door. "What did you say before I became myself again?" I asked looking unsure. "I uhm... I said uhm..." He said and got up as he cleared his throat. "I said that I love you." He said, we both turned red and I smiled, looking straight in his eyes. "I love you too." I said and he smiled back at me. "Well love birds, I'm gonna need to steal captain away for now. You need someone here?" Tony asked as he walked in and I shook my head. "I'm okay, I need some time to myself." I said and he nodded. "Here are your new bracelets." Tony said and put them on my wrists. "I'll be back." Steve said before walking out with Tony. I sat down behind the piano and started to make up a melody again. I've been playing for hours when I decide to lay in bed and before I knew it, I fell asleep.

*A few hours later*
I woke up screaming and looked around to see where I was when I remembered I let them put me in a cell, I got up and walked around for a bit to ease my mind when Steve walked in. "Are you okay?" He asked as he stopped at my door and I nodded. "Nina, be honest with me." He said and sat down on the floor, I walked over and did the same. "Just a nightmare about Hydra." I said as I looked down, trying to fight my tears. "Oh how I wish I could hug you right now." He said and I nodded. "Me too but it's not safe. They can try to take control at any time." I said softly and looked up. "You are so strong Nina, do you realize that? You will get through this. I'm here for and with you. I'll stay here for the night, I'll be right back." He said. He got up and left, he came back a minute later with a pillow and a blanket, he then left again and came back with a matras and put that on the floor. I did the same with my things as I was doing that he put something in the compartment. "Here put this on, it might help you sleep." He said and smiled at me. I went over and saw one of his t-shirt in there. I put it on but it was more of a dress for me. "You're too tall for me." I said and smiled at him. Holy crap." He thought to himself as he turned around. "It looks better on you tho." He says and I start to blush. We both lay down and talk for awhile before falling asleep with one hand against the glass.
The shirt (Imagine it being a t-shirt):

*The next morning*I wake up because Peter barges in

*The next morning*
I wake up because Peter barges in. "NINA I-" He stops as he sees Steve sleeping and me sitting up still half asleep. "Oops sorry, I'll be back later." He said softly before walking out. I lay back down and watch Steve sleep. "He looks so peaceful, he's already been through so much and then I come around make it worse." I thought to myself and sigh, I turn on my back and stare at the ceiling. "Good morning beautiful." Steve says with his morning voice and I quietly gasped. "Good morning." I said while smiling and turn back on my side. "How did you sleep?" He asked as he looked me straight in my eyes. "Way better." I said and he chuckled. "Good, you can keep the shirt by the wat, it looks better on you anyway." He said and winked at me. "Stop it." I said as I hid under my blanket to hide that I was blushing. He smiled and sat up. "Breakfast?" He asked and I nodded. He got up and went to get breakfast. Not long after Peter walks back in. "Hey, I was wondering if I could spend the day with you." He said as he sat down on the floor. "Of course you can." I said and he smiled. He looked at Steve's matras. "Is everything okay?" He asked as his smile disappeared and looked at me with worry in his eyes. "Yeah, I had a nightmare and so Steve spent the night here." I said and smiled at him. He nodded and got up. "I'll be back later, I saw Steve making you guys' breakfast." He said as he smiled, I nodded and watch him walk out. I took off Steve's shirt, folded it and placed on my piano to put back on tonight.