Time's running - 11

Evelyn's POV•

It's unbelievable How i can be so energetic for an entire Busy day to end up like a living corpse close midnight it is a frustrating cycle.

I'm back later than usual today,and already asked Adam to take keva home,just him technically living with us at the moment is life saving,he kept going to job interviews in the law firms of Chicago which is by itself worthy to help him get everything as he planned.

Adam is truly a wonderful person and a great lawyer too,he says that serving justice is the best thing hes good at. His existence in my life is one of the many reason's im still living.

I never cared about his sexuality and it doesn't change what he means to me. If a man or a woman is making him happy then im happy too. He's the man that stood by me through rough and smooth, The man that loved me unconditionally, the one who is still here,and showing up not matter how long it took him.

And I hope nothing changes that,I hope we be together for the rest of our lives,growing old and wrinkly,Adam is a brother,a friend that i never dreamed of having. Im forever grateful that we crossed paths.

Speaking of the angel,He walked straight into the kitchen "Evening darling" says him taking a Sprite from the fridge

"Hey,good evening"i replied

"So keva is out of the shower in clean clothes,her hair is in a messy bun she looks cute though,and she's in the living room now watching TV" he reported

I just smiled to his report and astonishing details,he embraced me as i pouted hugging him tighter"Thanks,your my hero"

"Rubbish,she's my god daughter,its always a pleasure"he slapped my arm playfully and i just rolled my eyes

"I need a shower"i claimed

"You do that,we'll be in the living room honey"he kissed my temple walking back to join Keva and i kissed her head on my way upstairs.

-

I've read once that "sucessful people are the ones who open their minds" I believe I've been there but it's kind of kept going foggy to even concentrate. Well I've became accustomed to second guessing myself,but i never thought that liking certain things would put me under a category...

"Mommy- see what i made "keva said swinging an a4 paper in front of my face while i squatted to her level.

"Wow it's beautiful sweetie"i whispered "what you say we pin it on the fridge?" she smiled nodding enthusiastically

I picked her up as she held the drawing of stick figures with what i believe is hair,and blue clouds with a really bright yellow sun,against the fridge as i placed fruit magnets on its edges to hold it in place.

Checking on our dinner with her still on my side. She just clinched onto my neck slightly "what are you making?" Keva asked leaning a little to see what's cooking

"One of your favorite meals baby,but first we need our night shower"i demanded and she shook her head negatively"go on up you go if you want 20 minutes on tv"i put her down and She simply runs upstairs to her room to get in the tub i fixed her minutes ago.

-

Adams piggybacking keva walking around the house making the table and jamming in the kitchen with calm music echoing through the house. Loud giggles and Adam's bad singing were heard,and im just hoping the walls are thick enough.

He later on Got keva in her seat at the table,taking the pot i took my seat and Adam struck a debate on who's going to do the serving and who's doing the dishes.

As always dishes are his duty and serving is mine to deal with,since i obviously cooked. I don't get why we like to do so when we're around each other,bickering on chores as if were teenagers,who knows maybe it's an adabting mechanism we just inhabited.

We Finished eating dinner and I stayed a bit late before tucking keva to bed, letting her have what's promised of watching 20 minutes of tv. And we get onto our cuddles and kisses before bed, otherwise she won't be able to sleep.

Stepping Heavily Down the stairs to check on Adam and the dishes progression,He was almost done cleaning up. So I went to the living room with two almost full glasses of wine,he followed the rhythm coming in few minutes later,we chill on a movie always cuddling up in a wired way on the couch.

He breaks the silence with light questions"So tell me what do you think of Chicago so far" he asks

"Well it's great better than New York that was way to rushed for me, it's already been two years and i don't miss a thing of it"i stated sipping my wine

"Good to know,i can see the glow,and you look than the last time i saw you,plus you got that face"

My brows knit in confusion"what face?"

"You have the 'I met someone' face and vibes as well,so spill it"he giggles

I don't want to hide or deny the truth about meeting someone also I don't need more drama analysis.

I sighed sipping from my glass " yep i did she's a nice student of mine in the new college i teach history at,and she's the one who took me on that tour the last Friday" i confirmed with a small smile shocking him more.

"Oh my gosh,wait you like women!" he squeals like an excited teenager who had heard the most dramatic tea ever spoken of.

"I doubt that i do,i mean im all hands on deck with keva,and I don't want to pursue anyone without being certain of my feelings and preference."I can't lie confusion is eating me alive as we speak

"Well you're right,but she sounds like a nice fit for you,im guessing she's the one we say that night"he stops "hold on did you guys kiss?"He placed his glass on the counter giving me his full attention

"Uh we- we kinda did i was tipsy that night we went out together and i kissed her out of the blue."I kept filling him in on that weekend

"Evelyn are you insane? She took you on an exploratory tour around the city,she sang for you,and you guys had dinner together,that is a date and not mention the first kiss she asked for permission"his eyes widened"my final conclusion is that she likes you " he took a deep breath.

I just sat there replaying everything. Which makes me realize how shes considerate about me being comfortable,the smiles,even her suggestion the other day to grab lunch. Was it all because she's pursuing something with me?

"Think of how she makes you feel,do you like anything specific about her?" Adam asked. How she makes me feel is an ordeal i have yet to figure out. But i like how glowing her chocolaty skin is,i like her smile that easily results of one to show on my face,i like how thoughtful she is,and how her lips felt so perfect against mine when we kissed,how intelligent and admirable she is. I like being around her. And i like spending time with her!

"Theres your answer love,welcome to the community"Adam cheered clinking our glasses as i just smiled.

Hold on! Did i just say that out loud!!What is happening Evelyn you don't like women,let alone your student! The whole time She was flirting with me. And i simply shut the door at her face!!

I think I should text her and ask if it was true? Or must i just wait for tomorrows lecture to ask,I need an answer or whatever the heck it is to understand what im facing ahead.

...

Vote&Comment✨