Chapter: 4

***
Evelyn's POV *

Dang im late again shit shit shit. Pause. Don't curse too much kids. Ints not proper! I grabbed my things hastily,and took my jacket on the way out.

The moment i set foot outside I felt eyes burning at the back of my head. I smirked well aware of who they belong to,hell i could pick up her presence without fail"can i help you" i questioned

I see her jump out of her daydream "i-um sorry... I mean I'm sorry didn't mean to stare much"she corrects herself "Got somewhere you need to go "she asks .

"Nothing worth your concern"I said sprinting out of school to my car and driving away.

Yeah she's sweet and all but i should keep my distance,at least i'll try

Me and Keva got home and she just dashed to the living room in no time "Keva. Shower first honey,you got 20 minutes"she glanced at me with a smile

"Okay mommy "I went up the stairs to my personal space and started the water in the tub,i took my work clothes off and glanced at my body,each curve and mound had bruises carved on,covering most of my cleavage but they were leisurely fading away. Yet i can't seem able to erase the assurance of each one,they circulated around and down my Spine,almost looking like birth marks. Each one of them were made overnight.

Taking a deep breath I cut off the draining memories and brush them off as i walk back to my bathroom,sitting in the tub and relaxing for fifteen minutes or less.

I finally found myself reading a book with my daughter snuggled up in my arms watching cartoons and slowly going fighting the sleep off her eyes,not knowing im watching her from the side of my eye,my phone interrupts my peace and I don't recognize the number.

"Hello"i said waiting for an informative response

"Missed me yet " says the only man that I would kill to meet

"Adam is that you"i said

"Girl who could it be,you expecting somone other than me"he shighs in a sad tone." How did i get replaced that fast!!"

"Oh come on now your ego might stuck a nerve...its been so long since I've heard from you! How's everything"

"Everything's just the same. How's my little princess " he asked

"She's doing better then I am,if you could just see her fighting the sleep in my arms,too angelic for a human being to witness sush a thing."

"Well you know kids are still kids and im surprised you got one of the good ones "he giggled

"But really where have you been,she misses you a-lot,and I miss you two"

"Well if you looked out of your window you'd know. Unless it's too tiring for you"he says in a teasing tone

"Oh my god please cut the crap im not in the right mindset for games" i said with lots of doubts,plus disappointment in my life is a common thing.

"There you are. Jumping to speculations without even getting your ass up missy" and he ended the call

"Now thats rude.."the door bell cut my complaining session and i tippy toed to answer the door. Once i opened it all o felt was a figure coming at me and i dodged the catastrophe with 0.3 seconds difference. And the person fell on the ground after they tripped.

"Ouch that hurts like a mother butter that's how you treat your guests missy"he smirks

"Oh god,are you for real now "i giggle calmly "my guy your too extra you know"i mocked helping him up

"Whatever I missed you and i came,thats the relevant issue right now" he hugged me tightly and i honestly felt my body relax for the first time in years.

He really came I thought he was missing around with my head but he really did. It's nice to have him back in my life I don't remember ever felt so at ease just from seeing him. We caught up on what we've been missing. I got the guest room done but he refused to sleep on his own and insisted on sleeping in the master bedroom with me.

I Just brushed my teeth adjusted my pj's and let my hair rest on my shoulder's and went to tuck my goblin in her bed with good night hugs and kisses. Before dragging myself to my own bedroom we stayed up talking and drinking wine and chilling ,I started yawning and i fell asleep in no time.

-

Kendra's POV::

" Uuuhhggg Yes mother im fine can you please just chill it's just a cut nothing to worry about " i said walking out the dorms towards the college entrance.

I Glanced to my front to see Emani's face flushed,and she was walking heavily she stops when once she see's me and sprints towards me huging me from out of the blue

"I'll call later"i regarded my mother before ending the call"Are you okay"i asked her. And she gave me no reply to my question.

"You want to stay the night at my place?" She shakes her head in agreement and i get us to my Jeep Wrangler heading to my apartment.

She gets off and closes the door following me into the building. We went straight to the elevator that I didn't know existed,they had it in a fucking corner. I unlocked the apartment,and locked the door behind us

We sat in the couch for three minutes and i broke the silence trying to get to know her...

"So you done yet,or your tears have some type of river providing more?" i questioned

"Yeah im done thanks for being here for me"sniffs calmly

"Okay...I don't know you that well,but i guess im stuck with this selfless nature in me that always makes me want to help certain people. Care to let me know you?" I explained throwing my question at the end.

"Uhuhh...thats a sneaky way to talk good of yourself. But sure im a senior who is been fooled alot by people. Either way i don't know why i feel this comfortable with you. As if we met before but in a different life maybe?. I would love to be a friend if you'd allow me"

"Okay no problem in that and im sorry for whatever you've been through, humans sometimes just like to disappoint you in any given way, but there's some good ones...anyway I failed to understand why you were crying?"

"I'm going through a break up with my girlfriend,were long distance since she studies in Alabama and i just moved here for a better life next thing i know she just broke up with me with the Pretext of feeling lonely and left out"

"Wow that's too...cold,i know it might sound like a typo, but don't sweat it she probably was looking for a reason to do so,we'll find you someone in no time" I chuckled hearing myself and she later on pitched in

we got to know bits of each other and I left her in the couch and got her something to wear rather than sleep in jeans. Thats so uncomfortable the missy needs to breath. Once she was settled i got out of my clothes,and got under my covers in only my sports bra and boxers. It was the announcement of my batteries had emptied.

...

An/ Vote&Comment✨