The date - 9

Kendra's POV•

Combing through my curls and checking myself on the mirror,wearing my black oxfords and a white sweater,a light brown trousers on,along with my dark brown wool coat. I sprayed my favorite perfume and walked out the place.

I Started the engine as it was already 8 o'clock,some R&B music playing on the radio allowing me to chill through the drive.

I cut the engine once at her driveway shooting her a text that 'im outside' Five minutes later and she walks out wearing a black button up shirt with some brown fitting shorts and black heels,a soft white scarf resting on her cleavage her dark blonde hair in a wavy ponytail.

"Good Evening Kendra"she greets me as i close the door for her

"Good Evening to you too"i replied after getting in. I start the engine and the night begins. Minutes after driving around the city just for the sake of loosing the formalities,we stoped at a red light in time as A text interrupted the piece,it was from Emani. Its the first time I drop out of my precisely coordinated schedule .

'Where have you been,aren't you coming?' Her text read

'Im cought up with an errand'I replied

'Don't tell me you forgot about our night out Kendra'

'sorry I'll make it up to you,i promise'i plead guilty trying to not stress the matter

She didn't reply only sent a sad emoji. I sighed silencing my phone,And unfortunately I didn't pay much attention to the set of eyes observing my movements,i only felt a hand reached out to my shoulder making my head snap to her direction to meet her soft green orbs.

"Hey ... is everything okay "she asks

"uh- yeah don't worry about it "i shouldn't be faking a happy smile as always. I should feel giddy that she's next to me! In my car as we drive to where i want to take her!!

I just wanted this little amount of attention that could involve me with her in any way possible. And now im not being real to her,or myself either.

"So how old are you exactly"she asks

"I've spent 26 years on this planet "i grin 

"You look younger than your age I'd give you 21 maybe"she smiled"Can we stop for a minute" She asks And i stop since were at the river and she gets out of the car and i follow suit. The fresh air of the night consumes both of us before we get back in the car.

"Are you a night person or a day person?" I ask

"I prefer the night,although im a morning person"she replied before taking a deep breath

"Why's that?"

She shrugs"i get to admire the clouds blocking the stars as they move,the tranquility up there is not even bothered by the rush down here. Thats more of a reason for me to like it" Evelyn explains gazing at the sky

"Or you just can't gaze at the sun because its too bright fir your eyes" i shrugged when she gave me a look "the stars are easy to gaze at since their not that close" i just had to babble

"Accept the fact that the night is just more beautiful than day,i could gaze at the sun with my sunglasses so no worries" she smiles triumphantly and i give up

"Im guessing your neither"she adds

"That your right about,and it depends on my energy to be honest"most days i don't want to leave my bed and just slump around but i can't.

"Well im glad you found some energy to waste on me"she says

"Always"i blurted"shall we get back on track?" I suggested to avoid the awkwardness and she maybe got the hint,and nodded.