"My parents would be home, most likely pissed off", I said standing up and straitening out his shirt, he didn't say anything and for a second I would have guessed he forgot he even owned it.

"We'll just climb into your room through a window, pack a bag and head off", He said pulling a bag out of his closet and proceeding to fill it with clothes, he opened a drawer in his desk and pulled out the bottom, stuffing his bag with cash I raised my eyebrows, not at the cash that seemed to be normal in his circumstances, but the fact that his clothes would be so wrinkly later. 

"These guys are really after us, huh?", I said and the atmosphere was rather calm considering these guys could possibily want to kill us. 

"Yes, now let's go", He said like I was holding him up, he was rushing, he was panicking, which made me want to panic.

I guess it wasn't so calm after all.

-

-

-

I propped my feet up on the first branch of the tree in my backyard grabbing onto a branch above me and I swung my leg over to straddle it and I pulled my self up with a groan, swinging my arm over another branch and hooking my elbow to hoist myself higher, I swung myself forward and hooked my knee on it so I could pull the rest of my body up, Michaels one-story house didn't seem so bad right about now.

"You've done this before haven't you", I heard Michael chuckle from beneath me.

"Sure have", I said down at him before pushing my window open with a sigh in relief, thank god it was unlocked.

I quickly lunged my body into my room gracefully landing on my stomach with a distressed huff, clicking the lock on my door avoiding the creek on the floor and grabbing my phone that was actually sitting on my dresser, not the kitchen table, I kissed it leaving my chapped lip marks on it.

I poured out all my school books and folders from my back bag and stuffed my phone into it then opened my drawer moving all my socks out the way to pull out a wad of money I had saved up, I had saved it with intentions of buying pot, but I'm glad I didn't and shoved it into my wallet which I also put into my bag.  

I grabbed a few other things and put them into my bag and ran into the bathroom stuffing as many tampons and pads as I could without taking up too much space, I knew I could buy some, but I decided to spread this cash thin and I wouldn't spend it unless I had to. I opened my closet grabbing a big black bag and began shoving clothes I could survive off for a good amount of time, making sure to pack sweatshirts.

"I'm worried sick about her", I heard my mother's voice and I froze right in my spot, hands in the air ready to grab a pair of jeans and my face cringed as I waited for them to walk away.

Looking around my room I grabbed a charger as quietly and slowly as I could and then slowly zipped my bag up scrunching my face at the sound until it was closed and then my shoulders relaxed.

My heart was beating out my chest and I looked at the clock like the time even mattered, I didn't know how much time I had, but I knew I was taking too long.

I looked at my hair straightener and sighed, instead I packed a good handful of hair ties putting a few around my wrist.

I tied my hair up quickly looking over the edge of my window and throwing the bag to Michael.

"Took you long enough", He whisper yelled and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up!"

"She'll be back, She's in high school, what do you expect!", My father joked to my mom trying to make her feel better and I heard her sigh loudly.

I stiffened, maybe I should tell them, maybe the police could handle this, No- I quickly shook my head.

I am not gonna be like that stupid girl in the movies that think they know how to handle their crisis when she really has no idea, I don't know what I'm dealing with so right now, I'm trusting the weird ice boy.

"You're right, She'll be back", My mom said.

I quickly wrote a note to my parents, telling them not to worry or call the police and I couldn't explain anything in detail but I promised them, I would be back.

One day.

I unlocked the door and with that, I tightened my backpack straps and swung my leg over the edge of the window.

I jumped onto the tree shaking a few leaves off of it while slowly climbing down and hopped off the last branch.

"Let's go"

-

-

-

My eyes flew open and I groaned looking down at my hands.

Chains

Why does it always have to be chains?

"Not this again", I groaned trying to pull on the chains that had me tied down.

"We've been searching for you", I heard a distant voice in the dark room and I looked around.

"What?", I yelled my voice echoing through the empty room and then back towards me.

"You're different Adara", A voice taunted me.

"very different", Another whispered.

"And he knows it!", The voice whispers suddenly right by my ear and when I turned to look towards it-

My head fell down and my eyes fluttered open to face the windshield of a car.

I stared at it for a second before looking over and seeing Michael in the driver's seat, one hand on the steering wheel the other lazily on the window ledge, I massaged my sore neck, rubbing my eyes and retying my hair into a bun.

"Good morning", He said looking over at me with a sarcastic smile.

I looked at the time displayed on the radio and then back up at Michael.

I rubbed my eyes again looking down at my arms confused.

"Did you get any sleep?", I asked even though the answer was written all over his face.

He laughed looking back at the rode and before I could register a scream erupted from my throat when he smashed on the breaks, causing my body to fly forward, but being pushed back by the seat belt tightening and holding me back, kind of like the chains.

Chains, it reminded me of the chains, why is it always chains?

Snap out of it

"What was that Michael! What-

He cut me off by holding his hand out in front of me and stared at the road in front of us.

I followed his gaze to the road and squinted my eyes trying to focus on the figure standing on the road.

"Who? Why is he standing in the middle of the-

I was once again cut off, but this time by the windshield slowly turning a foggy white color, I furrowed my eyebrow, looking over at Michael to see him looking just as confused as I was.

"It's frozen", He said and I had realized for a moment I had forgotten about this whole powers thing, it was a nice moment.

"Are you doing it?", I asked looking ahead, but glancing over at him nervously.

"No"

I reached out so my finger touched the glass and when it did it shattered into a million pieces making me flinch my hand back and hug it to my chest.

I looked through the broken windshield while brushing off the glass from my lap and unbuckled my seat belt.

I looked straight ahead my eyes meeting with oddly familiar and somewhat terrifying blue eyes from the man who stood meters away from the car.