"Aghh..."

"See? You're not dreaming.
Now stop being such a dumb ass and come here. I want to hug you." She says grabbing me from my arm and then hugging me tightly.

"I don't know why but I've missed you more than usual.
It's like I haven't seen you for almost a month or two." She says and I just stand there hugging her as I try to understand what is going on around me.

"Wow! What is this place?
Why I'm here? Last time I checked we were at your apartment."

"What... What do you mean by we were at your apartment?" I ask her surprised.

"Yes, we were at your apartment sleeping because Harper's mom was sick and she went to take care of her and you asked me to stay with you at your apartment. Why do you look so surprised?" She asks.

She doesn't remember anything that has happened except from the time we were together before we broke up.

"Mia, you're awake!?" Damian says surprised as soon as he opens the door.

"Damian!"

"What are you doing here?" He asks me.

"I..."

"You have met my boyfriend? When?" She asks him.

"A few days ago. When..." I begin to say.

"When I found out that you fell off the stairs." Damian says distracting me.
What the hell is he trying to do? Why is he lying to her?

"What? When did I fell off the stairs? I don't remember anything." She asks surprised.

"Ermm... A few weeks ago. You've been in a coma for almost two months now." He explains.

"What!? This can't be true. You're joking, right?
I couldn't have been sleeping for almost two months. It feels like I fell asleep yesterday and I woke up today.
Right, Bryan?
Please say something!" She says and I just look at the ground unable to do or say anything to her, because I don't know what.
I don't know if I should be happy that she doesn't remember anything or should I be concerned.

"I'm so sorry that you had to find out like this lil sister." Damian says to her.

"Bryan, can you take me home please?" She says in a low voice after a few moments of silence.

"I look at Damian for his approval and he agrees."

"I'll complete the documents for your exit then you can go but don't forget that after a few days I'll come to take you home." Damian says as he kisses Mia on her forehead.

...

When we arrive at my apartment I help her to lay in my bed then as I'm about to leave she grabs my hand.

"Can you stay here with me, please?
I don't want to be left alone." She says in a low voice with begging eyes making my heart sink seeing her like that.

"I wasn't going to leave baby. I was just going to turn off the light." I say as I kiss her palm.

"It's okay. I don't mind even if you leave it like that."

I lay down next to her and she hugs me as she places her head in my chest.

God... this feels so damn right and so damn wrong at the same time. I've missed this feeling but I can't look into her eyes and lie when she asks me about the things that have happened to her.

"Bryan...?" She calls me in a low voice after a few seconds.

"Yeah?"

"Ermm... nothing, just forget about it." She says.