Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy

this is a song fan fic tehe, i love this song sm & the kataang vibes from it so :)

Katara lied down on the ground, her head on her blue sleeping bag bag as a pillow and wrapped in a navy blue blanket. The bottom of her being on the cold, hard concrete flooring at the Western Air Temple they're staying at. She was thinking of the air bender she's in love with...

I can dim the lights and sing you songs full of sad things
We can do the tango just for two
I can serenade and gently play on your heart strings
Be your Valentino just for you

Her friends were all sleeping, she was half asleep and half awake this night. It still didn't sit right with her that a past enemy was staying in the same exact place as her and her friends...

Ooh, love, ooh, loverboy
What're you doin' tonight, hey, boy?
Set my alarm, turn on my charm
That's because I'm a good old-fashioned loverboy

She enjoyed thinking about Aang, it made her feel very safe. Mainly because he was always there for her and an amazing friend even though they both clearly wanted more than that...

Ooh, let me feel your heartbeat (Grow faster, faster)
Ooh, ooh, can you feel my love heat?
Come on and sit on my hot-seat of love
And tell me how do you feel right after all

It was true, she was deeply in love with him. He was deeply in love with her, this comforted her. It reminded her of how much she still loves her mother, brother, father and Gran Gran. Just like it reminded him how much she still loves the air benders and his flying bison, Appa...

I'd like for you and I to go romancing
Say the word, your wish is my command

They knew each other better than anyone else, it was obvious they shared a bond that was not platonic yet not sexual or romantic. They both dreamed it was romantic however, not platonic...

Ooh, love, ooh, loverboy

Even though they were in a war, they could still be in a relationship yet that would only be a distraction for the two of them. A good distraction, maybe but not in the long run...

What're you doin' tonight, hey, boy?

As they were extremely close, they knew something was up just they didn't know how to confront it. Nor could they each other...

Write my letter
Feel much better
And use my fancy patter on the telephone

For weeks, the water bending prodigy wrote letters to him. They all had one important meaning, it was that she was in love with him. It was crystal clear to all but her for three months...

When I'm not with you
Think of you always
(I miss those long hot summer nights) I miss you
When I'm not with you
Think of me always
Love you, love you

When they weren't together, it was horrid. Like when he died, she felt a piece of her shatter. You wouldn't feel this if your just friend just died, you'd feel this if it was someone you love though...

Hey, boy, where do you get it from?
Hey, boy, where did you go?
I learned my passion
In the good old-fashioned
School of loverboys

Maybe one day, there'd be more gentlemen like him. No males with toxic masculinity at all...

Dining at the Ritz we'll meet at nine precisely (One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine o'clock)
I will pay the bill, you taste the wine
Driving back in style in my saloon will do quite nicely
Just take me back to yours that will be fine (Come on and get it)

Memories of their heated dance flashed through her mind, and how she was jealous over a girl who has a boyfriend dancing with the only boy she ever loved in her fourteen years of life...

Ooh, love (There he goes again)
(He's my good old fashioned loverboy) Ooh, loverboy
What're you doin' tonight, hey, boy?
Everything's all right
Just hold on tight
That's because I'm a good old-fashioned (fashioned) loverboy

She then went to bed, thinking of one thing: "Aang is my good old fashioned lover boy..."