I didn't feel anything in my stomach, instead deep inside my chest and inhaled sharply like I was trying to suck it up.

Then I felt it takes over my body, it shot through my arms and made my knees tingle, it was like it knew I wanted it to come out.

I opened my eyes totally weirded out and saw a smirk on Michael's stupid annoying face.

"Now we're talking", 

"Loser buys lunch!", I shouted suddenly feeling comfortable with this.

"Whatever"

He radiated a temperature the exact opposite of what I seemed to be radiating and it was like I knew how to control it, like a natural instinct. 

I breathed out, my body was so hot that I feared I would actually breath fire.

He breathed out too, a cloud escaping his lips like when you go out on a cold day.

He blew out, freezing the ground around him and the coldness he radiated started to slowly engulf the heat I was radiating and I immediately began pushing back like we were doing during volley ball, and if I recall I 'won' that time too.

He seemed to be a natural, I struggled to just hold onto this.

This "battle" was very friendly we weren't being very serious, hopefully this wasn't us being serious.

I started  to get into it, a smile making its way onto my face as I genuinely enjoyed this feeling of strength, of this power.

I slowly felt the control slipping through my finger tips and it was like I had just dropped a glass and I was struggling to catch it before it hit the ground, but it was too late, it had shattered all over the floor and any control, any type of instinct, I thought I had was gone. 

It wasn't like I lost it, it lost me.

I opened my eyes and I felt the red in my eyes, if that's possibly. 

My skin radiated temperatures that were obviously dangerous, but I pushed all my logical thoughts behind me, Michael's face fell in defeat but I was too focused on enjoying the feeling of power,  Michael's face fell and he looked up at me with his worried green eyes and my chest leaped.

I wanted him to be worried, I wanted to dangle his power in front of him like it was nothing compared to the power I felt inside me.

The trees that surrounded him were now leaking dark smoke and it soon ignited with fire.

He lost stability falling to the ground and I surrounded Michael in a circle of fire evaporating any sort of moisture and his ability to radiate cold temperature- became near impossible as heat over took him.

"Adara stop", he said panicked looking around him like he's never seen anything like it before, I've never felt anything like this before, but it felt like I was always meant to feel this way.

I felt heat surge to my hands and I shut my eyes in ecstasy.

"ADARA YOU WON STOP"

"STOP", His voice broke, breaking me from my trance and I fell to my knees weak from the amount of energy I had just emitted from my body, I swore my knees burned through the grass, I fell onto my hands and knees, all the fire went out and smoke rose up, disappearing into the sky, the smell of burnt wood filled my nostrils and the thumping of my heart slowly began to calm.

My head shot up, my breath hitching as I had come to realization as what I could have possibly had just done.

What did I just do? 

I was on my feet ignoring the fatigue I felt stumbling over to where Michael lay weak and over heated his core begging to find some sort of way to cool his body down.

I felt it?

I went to touch him but he just hissed as my skin touched his, his body not being able to afford any more heat.

I actually physically could not do anything to help him.

All I could do was sit and wait for him to slowly cool down.

"I'm so sorry", I said sitting next to him.

"Happens to everyone", he managed to cough out and I began to feel the cold radiate off his skin just like it's supposed to.

"You had me scared for a second", he said in a joking tone, I let out a sigh in relief, helping him to his feet.

"That was impressive"

I raised my eyebrows.

"You're insane", I scoffed.

"Scary, but impressive"