My Birthday?

Brae's POV

I wake up at five in the morning to start training before the rest of the pack wakes up. I like to train alone, it gives me a sense of peace. I come back from my fifty mile run to see Riggs standing in the back porch. He stands up when he sees me emerge from the trees. I look at my watch and see that it is only five forty-five.

"Why are you up so early?" I ask him.

"I wanted to be one of the first to say Happy Birthday," he smiles and I look at him weird.

"It's my birthday?" I wonder.

It's his turn to give me a weird look, "Of course it is, how can you not remember?"

"I haven't celebrated my birthday in five years and before that I would just get beaten extra hard. I haven't had a real birthday in thirteen years, I guess I forgot."

He looks at me with pity and then smiles, "Sorry, how about we throw you a party today. You can invite Ace over and..." he trails off when he sees my saddened expression. "What happened?"

"Ace...he wasn't my real second chance. He was a false mate. Right now he is in Canada with another woman and has been for the last two and a half years."

"Sorry to hear that," Riggs looks down.

"It's fine, I have come to terms with it. I don't know if I even want a mate anymore. It just seems like I have the shittiest luck when it comes to them," I sigh.

Don't say that Brae, of course you want a mate, Noctis tells me.

No Noctis, I really don't think I do. They will either leave me or they will already be with someone else.

"Why don't you hang out with Hadley today while I get some work done. Go to the mall or something."

I almost laugh, "The mall. I guess there is a first for everything."

Riggs gasps dramatically, "You have never been to the mall before?"

"No. It's no big deal though, it sounds terrible."

"You are going, end of story. Get yourself some thing nice to wear tonight."

"But Riggs," I pout.

"Don't 'but Riggs' me young lady. Get going!"

I chuckle at him and head back inside to my room to get dressed. I hop in the shower and just stand under the hot water for fifteen minutes before deciding to actually wash my hair. I put in some strawberry shampoo and conditioner that I borrowed from Hadley. I put on some coconut body wash and wrap myself in a warm, fluffy towel.

I walk to the dresser and throw on a pair of dark grey jeans, my black converse, and a cropped dark purple tank top. It is a hot day so I decide to leave by baby, aka my leather jacket, here. I dry my hair and straighten it. My hair flows down to my waist, I need to cut it soon.

I walk to the front door to see Hadley waiting impatiently, "What took you so long? I have been waiting for a half hour!"

"Sorry, I didn't think it was a big deal. I mean it is only eight in the morning."

"I know! That means we only have twelve hours until it closes!" Twelve hours? Kill me now.

Hadley takes me to her car and I shake my head, "I am driving my baby, I missed her so much."

"You have a car here?"

"It better be here or else I will be killing Chris and Jack."

I walk into the garage and there is my Jeep, standing there in all its glory. I smile and rush over to it, giving my baby a kiss on the hood of the car before hoping in the drivers seat.