My Father Lied

Riggs' POV

I am now standing in my office with my mom, dad, and Grey. Grey is like a brother to me and Dad agreed to let him be here.

"Okay, I know you are all very confused right now and maybe a little angry," Dad starts.

"A lot angry," I correct him.

"Okay, well I didn't want to relive what happened to me and there was no point in telling everyone since it doesn't concern you."

"You're my husband, Jack, and my mate. You should have told me," Mom scolds.

Dad sighs, "I had a mate before you, Helena."

That shuts us all up because we all thought Mom was his first true mate.

"She was a rogue and we were all fighting against them. When I met her, I didn't care she was a rogue. While I was admiring my mate, she charged at me and killed me before I had a chance to blink."

"Oh honey, I am so sorry," Mom hugs Dad.

"I'm okay, Brae really helped me out before this since she has been through something similar."

That makes my ears perk up, what happened to her?

"After that, I met the Moon Goddess. She told me that I was meant to be a great King and she would bring me back. After a two years, my powers began to show up. First was when I shifted into a grey wolf. I got so confused and I shifted back. When I shifted again, I was a dark brown wolf."

"So you can make your wolf any colour?" I clarify.

"Yes. I learned how to control it and then my other powers began to surface. I was an excellent fighter, I could mask my scent as a human or other supernatural and I can send a mindlink to anyone, not just my pack."

"Woah," I breathe out.

"I'm so proud of you honey," Mom smiles.

"You aren't mad anymore?" Dad asks.

"No, that was a hard story to tell and I can see why you didn't want to talk about it," Mom smiles.

"What happened to Brae?" I ask.

"That's her story to tell, not mine," Dad replies.

I huff. No one will tell me about Brae. I know both Peter and my Dad knows more about what's going on than I do. Maybe Mom knows too, why am I left in the dark?

"I need to go somewhere with Grey, I will be back in a few days, okay?"

"Okay son, be careful. Don't do anything stupid," Dad warns.

"I won't, Grey will make sure I stay safe. Right Grey?"

"Yup!"

Grey and I head to my room and I close the door.

"Where are we going?" Grey asks.

"The Blood Paw Pack, I need answers."

"Come on Riggs, don't push it. If she wanted to tell you anything, should would have."

"Do you know what happened to her?" I accuse.

"No, I don't. All I know is that it's something she doesn't want to talk about. Don't push her to tell you," Grey insists.

"I need to know..." I am cut off by Grey.

"She isn't your mate anymore! You need to let her go," Grey explains.

He's right, she isn't my mate. I am still going though.

"Pack enough clothes for a few days. We leave in an hour."

Grey sighs, but nods and leaves to his room. I start packing as I rack my brain of why she wouldn't tell me.

'Leave it be Riggs,' Peter insists.

'Why? I wouldn't have to go if you would just tell me!'

'I promised I wouldn't. Go on the trip, she won't tell you though.'

I growl in frustration and focus back on packing.

One hour later

Grey and I are in the car heading towards to Blood Paw territory. They aren't too far and we should be there in a half hour.

"You sure you want to just walk into their territory without permission or at least a heads up?"

"We aren't turning back now, Grey." We ride in silence the rest of the way.

We pull up to their quaint pack house and there is Ace and Brae waiting out there already.

"How did you know we were coming?" I ask.

"I'm psychic," Brae says sarcastically and I raise an eyebrow, "Jack warned me."

Great. Dad gave them a heads up, so much for hoping to get them by surprised.

"I didn't see any guards on the way in. Do you not keep any out there?" I question.

"They are out there, they are just really good at blending in with their surroundings," Brae responds.

"How long are you planning to be on our territory?" Ace asks.

"A few days," I respond and Brae rolls her eyes.

"Why are you here?" She wonders.

"For answers."

She sighs and calls someone from inside to show us to our rooms. The girl who walks out is gorgeous. She has dirty blonde hair, piercing blue eyes, and a button nose. Her hair reaches her waist and her eyes lock on with mine. She is my second chance.

I am about to walk up to her when she breaks eye contact and looks to Brae. Brae is her Beta, if she tells this beautiful girl that we can't be together, she will listen. My heart is in Brae's hands now.

She pats the girls back and the girl has a huge grin on her face. The girl runs up to me, but stop just before she reaches me. I hold back a whine as she holds out her hand.

"I'm Hadley May, nice to meet you. What's your name?"

I guess she doesn't know who I am, "I am Riggs Lockhart," I reply and she immediately frowns and starts to walk away.

"Wait! Where are you going?" I call out.

"Away from you," she replies.

I look to Brae accusingly, but she looks just as shock. I see a lightbulb go off in her head and she runs inside. Ace chuckles slightly while shaking his head.

"Is this funny to you?" I ask.

"A little bit," he replies.

"Why?" Grey wonders.

"Because your dimwit friend here forgot the reason why Brae and I went to visit you in the first place. It wasn't for shits and giggles."

It takes a moment before I realize what just happened and I run into the house, following the scent of my mate. I get to a wooden door and knock on it. Brae opens the door and looks back at my mate. Hadley nods and Brae turns back to me.

"You hurt her and I will kill you, I don't care if you are the Alpha King or not," she threatens and I believe her.

"I won't," I say as I walk into the room.

Powerful But BrokenOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara