Two Years Later...

Riggs' POV

It has been two years since my mate died and I can't say it has been a walk in the park. Last year I was set up to marry the daughter of a strong pack, he name is Amelia. She is a good fighter and my pack would benefit from her, but she isn't my mate.

Over the last year we have become close and she is going to be named the official Luna of the pack and Queen of Werewolves soon. That means that I have to Mark her.

By marking her I will seal our fate together and I will officially lose hope of having a true mate. It is so stupid to have hope after two years. I still visit her grave everyday, but Amelia is starting to get irritated by it.

I am sitting in front of her grave, just staring at it. A couple days after her funeral, I stopped being able to sense her in the grave. I guess that means she is with the Moon Goddess now. I hope she has found peace.

I stand up, wiping my hands on my pants and I begin walking slowly back to the pack house. As I come into view of my home, Amelia is standing on the front steps looking mad.

"Where have you been? I was worried!"

"I was visiting her Amelia. I do it at the same time every day."

"I know, you leave me alone at the same time everyday to see someone who is dead," she snaps.

"Don't talk about my mate like that!" I shout.

"She isn't your mate anymore Riggs, get that through your thick skull. Your mate is dead and I am going to be your mate now to help with the pack."

I take a deep breath, knowing she is right, "Sorry," I mumble.

"My Luna ceremony is in a few days and I have to be marked my then, why don't we go upstairs and have some fun," Amelia smiles.

We have had sex quite a few times, but we never marked each other. I do have to Mark her, and soon. For the better of the pack.

I follow her upstairs and into our room. I guess it is time to finally let go.

Brae's POV

I wake up groaning in pain. I am in a dark, cold, damp cell with my hands shackled by silver chains.

"What's wrong Brae?" Ace asks, worried.

"My mate...he is with a she-wolf again," I say through gritted teeth.

Apparently my mate has given up on waiting for me. For the past year he has been having sex with girls quite a bit. I shouldn't be able to feel it since we have never met, but for some reason I can. It hurts me more than any knife wound could.

After a few minutes I feel a sharp, stabbing pain at the base of my neck. I shed a few tears. In the past few years I have grown strong, I never cry, but this just shows me that I will never have my mate. He marked another.

I scream in pain and Ace looks horrified, "He marked someone," I manage to spit out.

Ace looks enraged, "If I ever find out who this guy is, I will personally kill him for what he has done to you this past year."

"Only if you beat me to it," I say as the pain fades away.

Ace chuckles, "There is my Brae. Now, when do you want to get out of here?"

Right, we were 'captured' by a pack a few days ago. They believe that Ace is the black wolf and I am his mate. They would come in every so often and torture me to get him to help them out with their evil plans.

We let them captured us so we could get on the inside to take out the corrupt alpha. We have quite the reputation for taking out corrupt and evil wolves. The supernatural world refer to us as Deadly Duo. My name is Silence because I can sneak up on anyone and Ace's name is Lucifer since he puts his enemies through hell when he tortures them. No one knows we are the Deadly Duo. I guess you could call us a pack made solely of strong fighters.

Over these last two years, Ace and I have met other rogue wolves that either left from a corrupt pack or were thrown out. I have trained Ace myself and we both trained the rest of our members. There is only twelve of us, including Ace and I. I am the alpha and Ace is my beta.

"Let's go now. Everyone is asleep and it is the perfect time to sneak into the Alpha's office."

Ace nods and we break out of our silver chains. Silver can be lethal to werewolves and it drains their energy. Due to me being a black wolf I am resistant to silver. As a result, it doesn't affect my pack members nearly as much as a normal wolf.

I unlock the door to the cell with my claw and we head up the stairs. I listen closely to the other side of the door and no one is there. Ace and I make it up to the third floor where the Alpha is snoring away in his office.

I pull out my dagger from my pant's pocket and Ace covers the Alpha's mouth which causes his to jolt awake.

"Shhhh," I coo.

I take the silver knife and plunge it through his chest right into his heart. The Alpha's eyes widen before they start drooping and I hear his heart rate slow before stopping.

I nod to Ace that we can leave, but then someone opens the door to the office. He must have mindlinked someone.

The beta enters and looks at me with anger before sniffing his air, smelling the metallic scent of blood. His eyes land on the alpha and he looks sad for a moment before rage replaces the emotion.

By the time his attention turns back to me, both Ace and I are in the balcony and I salute the beta before both Ace and I fall off the balcony. We don't shift because they may see us, but once we land, we run like hell off of their territory.