Gone Rogue

Ace's POV

It has been a week since Brae died and the pack took it hard. She was the glue holding us together and without her, we had no reason to stay a pack. We all said goodbye and went rogue the day after Brae died. Everyone except for Hadley who is living the life in the castle.

Riggs had explained to her that Brae was his mate, but I don't think he know who Brae is yet. People around the world has heard of the strongest pack breaking up by now and I wouldn't be surprised if other packs have taken over what used to be our land.

I am currently sitting in a diner no the edge of a territory I helped out a year ago with Brae. I am sipping my coffee when I notice the Alpha of the pack walks in and looks around. Probably looking for the rogue near his territory.

His eyes find me and soften as he walks to my booth and sits across from me, "Ace, how are you?"

"I'm fine Kal. How's the pack doing?"

"They are good thanks to you and..." he trails off, referring to Brae. "Thank you for helping my pack out when we needed it."

"It's was no problem Kal, I am glad you are doing well. What about Tara?" Tara is his mate.

He smiles, "She's great, we have a little boy now. He is just a few months old."

"I'm happy for you."

"I would like to repay you, because without you, I may not be here right now and I may not have my beautiful son. Would you like to join my pack?"

I shake my head, "I'm sorry Kal, I just can't be in a pack, at least not right now. I need some time to myself to accept everything."

"I understand. Why don't you come over for lunch?"

I was about to protest when he says, "Just lunch, you can leave whenever you want. I bet my pack would love to see you again."

I sigh, "Alright. Let me just pay for my coffee and we can go."

He nods and I put down two dollars in the counter. We walk into the forest until we reach his pack house. It is quite nice if I do say so myself. We walk in the front door and I see Tara sitting in the couch.

"Tara, honey, look who I found," Kal grins.

Tara turns around and her eyes widen as she sees me. She jumps up from her seat and embraces me in a tight hug which I return.

"Ace! It's so good to see you again! How are you holding up?" She asks with concern in her eyes.

"I'm fine Tara. I heard you guys have a little one now. May I see him?" I ask.

"Of course, follow me," she smiles warmly and I follow her to a nursery.

I look in the crib to see a sleeping little boy. He has beautiful blue eyes like Tara, but dark brown hair like Kal.

"He is beautiful," I whisper before my expression grows sad, "You guys are so lucky."

Kal places a hand on my shoulder and I stand up straight, blinking my bushes tears away from my eyes.

"Why don't we grab a bite to each," Kal suggests.

We walk back down to the kitchen and we make sandwiches before sitting at the dining table. We eat in silence as both Kal and Tara look my way every so often.

Soon I say I should leave. I don't want to impede in their lives any longer and I should get back to running. I don't actually spend much time in my human form anymore. I prefer my wolf form, it gives me a sense of peacefulness and I feel more connected to Brae.