Captured

Brae's POV

After Jack has finished catching up with his old friend, we all gather outside of the pack house to say our goodbyes. I give Lily a hug and tell her I hope she has a good life. This is most likely a goodbye forever.

The uneasy feeling in my stomach has gotten worse and I am getting antsy to leave this territory. Jack can feel my anxiousness and he hurries his goodbye. We head to the jeep before a scent hits my nose.

Vampires, and lots of them.

I turn to Jack and he smelled it to. I huff and walk back up to the pack, we can't leave now. Damn it.

Chris, there are vampires littered all over this territory. You can take my keys if you want to leave, I tell Chris, my eyes never leaving the tree line.

Like hell I am going to run away. You helped me and now it is time to return the favour.

I grin and give him a thankful nod as I see the many vampires strut out of the trees.

"What do you want?" Roger sternly asks the coven leader.

"We want the Mortui Lupi," he snarls. The Dead Wolves. They are here for me.

"What do you want with me," I ask, stepping forward.

I see Jack go to open his mouth before I say, Shut it Jack, you have a family to go back to. Take care of Chris.

He hesitates before realizing I won't stand down, I will take care of him.

"Ah Mortui Lupi, haven't see one of you in a few decades. Wonder why there Moon Goddess decided to bring a weakling like you back from the dead."

"She must really love me 'cause she brought me back twice."

This seems to shock the coven leader and I smirk when I see a glint of fear in his eyes, "I have never heard of such thing happening. That shouldn't be possible."

"And yet here I stand. If you think you can kill me dead, I would think again if I were you," I smirk mischievously.

"I would love to prove you wrong."

"Then go right ahead," I challenge with my arms outstretched to the side. I stare at him straight in the eye.

"Challenge accepted."

Some of the vampires look ready to strike, "Hold up, you want to do this here?" He looks confused and I roll my eyes, "There are a bunch of werewolves waiting to tear you apart. How about you take me back to your coven or whatever and we can continue there."

I honestly don't care where we fight, but I don't need pissed off blood suckers taking their anger out on wolves who will die.

"Nice meeting you all," I say as I look at Roger and his pack. I dig my keys from my pocket and throw them to Chris, "You wreck my baby and I will personally come back from hell to kill you," I threaten.

"Ready boys?" I ask the coven leader.

Two vamps at by my side in a second and they inject me with something. By the burning sensation, I believe it is wolfsbane. It isn't enough to kill a normal wolf, but enough to weaken them and their wolf. They have no clue who they are dealing with.

I walk normally as the two camps still have a hold on me. They look scared since the poison had no offer on me. We reach the cover leader and he looks shocked, fearful, and angry.

"Why didn't that work?" He asks the 'guards'.

"I-I don't k-know sir," one stutters.

The coven leader looks at me and I smirk, "Well come on then, I am a very busy girl. I have people to see and places to be. Let's get this little reunion over with," sarcasm laces my words.

They run the super vamp speed and before I know it, I am standing in front of a dark, gloomy, falling apart looking shack.

Nah, just kidding. It is a beautiful mansion, on the outside that is. The two camps let me go and I am slightly shocked by their actions. Why are they just letting me be?

A presence appears beside me and I recognize it as the coven leader. Up close I now notice he only looks to be about 25 years old. He grabs my arm and escorts me into the building.

"What now? Are we heading to the dungeons or something?" I ask, wanting to get this over with.

"Shut up," he sternly tells me.

I sigh at his words, "If you won't let me talk, I think I just might die of boredom." I whine.

He chuckles evilly, "I cant wait to hear your pain filled screams and eventually see this life drain from your eyes. After that, I will find that pathetic excuse of a mate hiding in Canada and kill him."

Hold up. Ace is in Canada? Damn he went far to get away from the thought of me. How does he know who my mate is though?

"I have done my research on you and started my search for you two weeks ago. You made it very hard for me though. Your pack all left in their own directions and your mate is now in Canada, without you may I add. Why is that?" He sneers.

"Yeah, I died and he thinks I am still dead. Our bond is gone anyway," I can't feel it anymore.

It is weird though, when I died the first time, Riggs was still my mate, we still had the bond. Why is my bone with Ace gone?

I made a mistake, that is why, I hear Pera's voice.

"What the fuck do you want now!" I shout accidentally. I am just so furious with her.

He wasn't supposed to be your second chance but your wolves bonded over the two years. It was a false mate.

False mates, I have heard of those. Sometimes when you have been a with someone before your turn 16 your wolves will place a false claim on each other. I never felt what it was like to be with my mate and I don't think Ace did either. So, it was new for us and easily mistakable.

"I'm still fucking mad at you," I grumble.

"You have no right to talk to me that way. You better learn your place here or I will show you where you belong," he spits at me.

"I wasn't talking to you, dumbass" I mumble.

He gives me a good hard punch to the jaw which heals instants, "You shouldn't be able to mindlink while in here."

"Well, it wasn't my intention too, the bitch just decided to show up," I reply with sass.

That earns me another punch, this time to the stomach. I glare at him, not in the mood to deal with this shit right now. All I can think about is that Ace and I were never mates.

I don't understand, Noctis whimpers.

All she has ever wanted was her mate to love her. She was so happy to find out Ace was her second chance and it broke her to see him with another woman. Maybe she is his second mate, I don't know. I just hope for Noctis' sake that she has a second chance out there somewhere.

I'm sorry Noctis.

She just buries herself in the back of my mind to think things over and hopefully come to terms with it. I really thought Ace was my second chance at happiness. How could I have gotten it wrong?