Powers

Brae's POV

Chris and I ended up sleeping in the Jeep overnight and now we are sitting in the forest in a clearing, waiting for Jack to show up. I hear footstep and I stand up on high alert.

I see Jack step through the tree line and I relax slightly. You can never be too careful on no man's land.

"Jack," I smile and give him a hug.

"How they hell are you standing here right now? And who is this?" He points to Chris.

"This is Chris. The Moon Goddess has other plans for me apparently so the bitch brought me back."

"Woah, woah. Why are you talking about Pera like that?"

"She won't let me be. I just wanted to be in peace in the clearing I have in heaven. She then came in saying I wasn't done on earth and I have more pain and suffering to go through."

"She said that?"

"Pretty much."

"Great, now the Moon Goddess is being a bitch to people who don't deserve it instead of the people who do."

"I know right!" I exclaim.

Jack nods his head and walks up to Chris with his hand outstretched.

"Nice to meet you, Chris. I am Jack."

"It is so nice to meet you sir. Truly an honour," Chris shakes Jack's hand and bows his head.

I roll my eyes and Jack sighs. I have learned that he doesn't like the formalities.

"How is Riggs doing?" I carefully ask.

"Not great," Jack shakes his head, "Losing another mate has really taken a toll on him."

"Wait, he doesn't know?" I wonder.

"No, we figured Peter would tell him, but he has kept his mouth shut."

"Huh," is all I say.

"Why did you ask Jack to come?" Chris asks.

"Right. My powers are starting to show and I need help trying to uncover the rest. There is something coming and I need to be prepared."

"Sure, I could use the practice as well."

"While we are at it, we are going to train this one," I gesture to Chris.

"Sounds like fun," Jack smirks and Chris looks slightly terrified. Jack and I laugh before talking about what to work on.

"What powers have you figured out?" Jack asks me.

"Well, I can create a mindlink with anyone like you, I can remove a mate's mark as you already know and the newest and most annoying on yet...I can't die!" I dramatically say.

"Really? That is an awesome gift," Jack states.

"No, it isn't. If it weren't for that curse, I would be back in heaven right now."

"What happened?"

I snort, "Came across a rogue when I came back. They took me down and bit my throat. I could feel the pain, but no injuries stayed. I healed immediately."

"I hope you too down that rogue, Brae."

"Actually..." I look at Chris.

"You have got to be kidding me. He could be planning on killing you."

"On come on, Jack. I found out why he was a rogue and what happened. He was telling the truth, trust me. Anyway, if he wanted to kill me, he would have done it last night or the night before."