Formulating A Plan

Brae's POV

I have become good friends in the time I have been a here. Zane tells me it have been two and a half years since I was taken. They still haven't figured out a way to kill me and I have gotten a bunch more scars. At this point, my face is the only place that doesn't have scars.

They have shot me, stabbed me, whipped me, sliced open my throat, fed on me, wooden stake to the heart, amputated my finger, toes, arm, leg. My limbs reattach as they slice even with silver and wolfsbane on the weapon of choice.

I have been concocting a plan to escape. I have tried to escape three times, hence the limb cutting. The vamps have tried to drink my blood, but it is like acid going down their throats.

"How are you feeling today?" Zane asks as he slides a sandwich between the bars.

They don't feed me or give me water. They are shocked by how good I still look, but blame it on my abilities. Zane has brought me at least two meals a day with a bottle of water. He just passes it off as his own since he is half wolf.

"I'm fine, thank you for everything you have done for me while I have been here."

I have also found out I am not longer aging. In two years I still look the exact same. Guess I have a form of the vamp gene without it's weaknesses.

"Anything for you, Brae. I hope I can figure out a way to get you out of here soon."

"I think I have an idea," I smirk.

Zane still refuses to look into my eyes. I thought after we got to know each other he would get over his thing of not looking people in their eyes.

"I figure that during the hours between 4 and 5 in the evening there are less vamps in the house. I don't hear as many footsteps during those times. The force field around the place will be the hard part of getting out. If there anyway of exiting without permission?"

"Only if there is a tear present. They only last for twenty to thirty seconds before they we fixed though."

"Do you have any special abilities other than the hybrid part?"

"No, the only reason I can stay is because my wolf is my ability."

I nod, thinking. "I guess I will just try to escape and figure out the force field part when I get there. Where I went wrong the last few times I tried to escape is that I tried to sneak around. This time, I am going out guns blazing."

"I don't know if that's a good idea Brae," Zane warns.

"I mean, I will either get caught or get out. I might as well try a different approach. I am a pretty good fighter."

"I know, I just don't want you getting hurt...well more hurt than you already get. It's killing me seeing them hurt you."

"I'm fine Zane, you are the only one here keeping me sane. If you went and got yourself kicked out, or worse killed, I would be done for."

"When are you going to try to escape?" 

"What time is it now?"

"Eleven in the morning."

"In five hours then. Can you give me any tips on the exits of this house? Where is the back exit and the front doors?"

"Front door is the top of the stairs. You turn right and take the second left. The back door is left at the top of the stairs and another left down the hall. Take a right at the kitchen and the door is by the fridge."

"Thank you."

"I hope you get out Brae. If you do, I will try to find you."

"I will try to mindlink you a couple times a day until I get your response."

"It's a deal."

A couple hours pass by and Larry comes strolling into the cell. He pins me against the wall with a smirk.

"I think I finally figured out how to kill you. Not even you can live without a heart."

He then plunges his fist into my chest and wraps his hand around my heart. I just stare at him with a blank face. He pulls back but he arm won't come out of my chest cavity. This goes on for a while before he groans and removes with hand heartless. My heart seemed to be too hard to pull out.

"Is the poor bloodsucker sad because another plan of his failed? Poor guy can't even kill a simple she-wolf," I chuckle.

He snarls and grabs my head into a headlock, trying to snap my neck. He meets the same problem at trying to rip my heart out.

"You have tried this already and it didn't work Larry, what makes you think it will work now?"

"My name isn't Larry!" He shouts. He always gets so angry when I call him Larry.

"You look like a Larry to me."

He punches my jaw and then my stomach. He pulls out a gun and shoots me in the head with a silver bullet laced in wolfsbane.

"Asshole," he smirks thinking it may do something to me, "Now I will have a fucking scar on my forehead."

He smirk drops when he realizes it didn't faze me one bit. I may have lost some of my insanity while in here. Whenever someone tries to cause me pain I either have a bored expression, I laugh, or I make a snarky remark.

"I will be back tomorrow. I have a good feeling I will finally kill you."

"Why do you want to kill me so bad? I will just be brought back anyway."

He turns to me, "You what?"

"Did your precious coven leader not tell you? I have died twice and the Moon Goddess won't let me stay dead."

He doesn't know how to react to that and leaves the room in a hurry. He is probably going to confront the leader around here. Hopefully he will keep him busy.

I plan on having a successful escape today and I have a good feeling about it.

Powerful But BrokenOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara