Braelynn Spark

Brae's POV

"Who?" Ace asks.

"I don't know, I pulled you out here before they came into the room. What do I do?"

"Ignore him. Act like you don't know he is your mate."

I think for a moment, "Good idea."

'You up for it Noctis?'

'Hell yes! He is mated to someone else anyway. He can't be with us,' she whines.

'Sorry Noctis.'

'It's fjne.'

"Ready to head back in? Dinner is starting like now."

"Yup, let's go."

We walk back inside through the back door and we head over to the dining room table, sitting back in our seats. I am beside Grey and Ace is across from me. The Alpha King still isn't there yet along with his soon to be Luna.

I hear footsteps coming closer as the scent of my mate becomes stronger. The person comes into view and it is the one and only Alpha Riggs, King of werewolves. His eyes catch mine and I see hope and sadness swirl around in them.

I turn away and look at Ace who's eyes widen at the realization of who my mate is. He then looks sad.

'Why are you sad?'

'He is the Alpha King,' Ace responds.

'And?'

'And that means I can't beat him up because it would be considered treason. I don't want to be a rogue again or even worse, dead," Ace pouts.

I chuckle quietly at his response. Alpha Riggs and the soon to be Luna sit down at the table and I feel Riggs' eyes still on me.

I turn my head to shoot him a confused look and recognition crosses his face.

"Braelynn?" He whispers.

"Sorry Alpha Riggs, but my name is Brae, Brae Kingston."

"Oh..." his expression turns sad, "Sorry for the mix up."

Throughout dinner I can feel Riggs' eyes on me.

I turn to the soon to be Luna to introduce myself but when I look her way, she glares at me. I consider just keeping quiet, but where is the fun in that?

"Hello, I am Brae, Beta of the Blood Paw Pack. What is your name?" I ask the future Luna.

She glared at me then replies in an annoyed tone, "Amelia."

"Nice to meet you," I grin and then turn to Ace.

'Why the hell is she acting like that? Did I manage to offend her without moving or talking with her?'

'I have no clue Brae. She is acting like a bitch. I though she was supposed to be really nice.'

'Guess we heard wrong. This pack is doomed,' I chuckle through the link.

'You would have been a much better Luna of the Royal Pack.'

'I like being the Alpha of my own pack better,' I smirk.