Chapter 11.1

After learning about Star's condition, Marco was more than determined to find her. He made a pact with Janna to do a search after school or whenever they could. For Star's sake, hoping that she is alive, they decided to keep her condition to themselves.

Marco walked into his classroom to see Jackie at her seat; She had her elbow on the table, with her head resting on her palm, looking out to a window on her right. He breathed in then let out a shaky sigh. He walked up to his desk, with his head low. He quietly pulled his chair and took a seat.

He looked over and Jackie didn't react at all; still facing away from him. He moved his bag from his lap to the floor and looked over again. He opened and closed his mouth, before letting out a sigh, turning his body to the front instead.

"Morning to you too, Marco."

Marco whipped his head to Jackie by her dejected greeting.

"Morning...Jackie..." Marco greeted sheepishly.

Jackie looked over her shoulder.

"I'm surprised you still have the balls to sit beside me after blowing me off yesterday."

Marco raised his eyebrows and looked.

"Well...about that...I'm really sorry about doing that," He looked over and met her gaze. "I had to leave because I had a lead in finding Star."

Jackie turned in her seat to face him.

"Really? Is this really what you wanna say to me after one, blowing me off at prom and two, calling Star's name while kissing me?!"

Jackie's voice startled the rest of the class, making them look over to a furious Jackie staring down at a wide-eyed Marco. Marco furrowed his eyebrows and shifted his gaze to the ground.

"Unbelievable." Jackie muttered before storming out of the classroom.

Marco glanced over to the now empty seat and sighed. He turned and reached out to his bag. He slung his bag onto his shoulder and rose from his seat. With eyes following, he made his way out of the classroom, right as the first bell rang.

~~~

"Ughhhh" Marco groaned out at the sky, with his eyes shut.

Many passers-bys slowed their stroll down the streets of Los Angeles to stare at the deranged man. Marco tilted his head down and continued trekking down the snowy pavement.

Snow started falling again and it was heavier than usual. The streets were layered with snow and many residents were trying to get to their destination, without skidding off the road or slipping. Marco tousled with his hair, shaking off the tiny specks of snow.

He lifted his head and looked over to the brightly lit shop window. There were fairy lights hung on the windows and they were blinking at different times. There was a snowman, decorated from head to...body, and a reindeer with a red nose standing at both ends of the window with a fireplace, which had a fake fire, at the centre. He looked up and around the streets, realising almost every shop was decorated in red and green and sparkly lights.

"Christmas decorations in November...Not my cup of tea but..." Marco thought, shifting his eyes from the windows of each shop to the flashing lamp posts.

"Hey Marco!"

Marco whipped his head to where his name was being called.

"Ya, Star?"

An image of Marco in his red hoodie and black jeans appeared in his view. He had his hands in his jacket's pockets, walking over to Star.

He leaned closer to Star to see what she was staring at. She lifted a finger to the window.