The Big Day

(The very next morning)

Melanie's P.o.v
"It's time!" I determinedly stared at myself in the bathroom's mirror. Tonight was the wedding of two of my closest friends and everything needs to be perfect, that's why I already stood up at 9 am. I gazed over to my block, just to make sure I had the to-do list completed. And indeed, I forgot nothing! However, I gotta find a distraction for the two love birds while we decorate and also wanted to call Ethan. After I composed a three sided plan, someone politely knocked on the restroom's door. "Uhm Melanie? Are you in there? Breakfast is ready." Susie announced. How long did I write? "Yeah, I'm coming." I replied happily. While heading to the kitchen table, I noticed that Norman got the bandages around his right arm off and it seemed like he doesn't feel pain anymore. Right next to him sat Sammy, who kept on questioning if his partner was okay. "Sam, I'm fine." Norman reassured him for the second time already, but our musician wouldn't stop making remarks about the others arm. Susie and Boris were silently snickering to themselves the whole time and I also couldn't help but smile. Leaning against the counter, the demon of the household looked like he didn't get much sleep, probably due to his excitement. I sat down besides Susie, who made herself a black tea. Boris ate five pancakes at once, when I only started my first one. We talked a lot about the wedding, so breakfast went by really quick. "Did you know there's an art museum nearby?" I asked Henry at one point. He has mostly been quiet this morning, drinking a cup while standing by the coffee machine. "No, what about it?" The animator raised an eyebrow. "I've seen a few banners saying they've got a bunch of new things in their gallery." I replied, putting my plate in the sink. Henry gave his soon-to-be husband a look. "Sounds interesting, right hun?" His boyfriend sleepy head peaked up."I mean, sure. But if panic breaks out I'm officially allowed to kill." The ink demon stated with his well known grin, his fiance laughed nervously. "Hahaha no, I don't think you will..." He sat his empty mug down. That's when I took a short moment to see what time it was. "Oh stars, it's already afternoon! You two better get ready!" I said, pointed at the clock. Henry gave his boyfriend a nod, walked his way upstairs to the smaller bathroom and Bendy followed shortly after. Now I finally had some time to inform Ethan. While tipping in their number, I saw Norman and Sammy going into the other bathroom. Apparently, our musician stopped being overprotective- or not. He truly cares about his partner, doesn't he? How sweet of him. Boris already went into our guestroom, probably reading something. Then the phone started ringing and I stood there, waiting for someone to pick up.

(Meanwhile)

Ethan's P.o.v
"Ethan?" I didn't respond and kept on sleeping. "Ethan?" The voice repeated itself. "What is it? Did someone set the kitchen on fire again?" I muttered in my oversized Boris plushy. "Not yet. But Melanie is on the phone right now, she's asking if we could help decorate the basement." I blinked a few times, until I could clearly see my girlfriend standing in the door frame. "I thought the party was gonna be tomorrow night?" Clara shaked her head, indicating me that I was wrong. Sitting upright, I stretched myself a few times before giving an answer. "Well, of course-" I gawned. "When should we come over?" She indicated me to wait and swiftly walked to the drawer cabinet, were our telephone was placed on top. After a moment had past, Clara returned. "In one hour would be great, that's what she said." My girlfriend added, smiling goofily.
(Timeskip, timeskip all the way
It might surprise you but they're-)
"ETHAN? 55 MINUTES HAVE ALREADY PAST AND YOU'RE STILL NOT DOWN HERE, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" My impatient girlfriend yelled from downstairs, she doesn't like being late. I quickly brushed my messy blackened hair one last time and ran out of the bathroom to the staircase. "Ah, there you are!" Clara sighed relieved. "Did you give the rest breakfast? Made sure that there's no curtain to see them through?" I questioned a bit anxious, even though I knew she would've never forgotten. "Of course, babe." She laughed and gave me a small kiss on the cheek after I went down the stairs. "But now we gotta go!" Clara already stepped outside, however, not before turning around and screaming on top of her lungs: "GOODBYE ALLISON, TOM, WALLY, JACK, SHAWN, GRANT, BERTRUM, LACIE AND CO! WE'LL BE BACK IN A FEW HOURS! LOVE YOU ALL!" She truly has become a mom over the past days. Which is a surprise, since she at first didn't really like the idea of ink creatures living in our household, but now I think my girlfriend finally found a spot in her heart for them. "Ethan, stop daydreaming! If we don't arrive at Melanie's house in less than 10 minutes, they'll think we didn't want to come!" Stated Clara dramatically, I stifled my urge to laugh. We had walked like 5 minutes, before making it to the front door of our destination. I was about to knock, when someone ripped it open right in front of my stretched out fist. "Oh, Ethan! Clara! I'm so glad you two could make it!" Melanie seemed to be rather nervous, because she played with her hair and had a very obvious blush on her face. "Can we come in?" I asked, giving my best friend a suspicious gaze. She quickly nodded and stepped aside so we could come in. Guess what was the first thing that I saw? A smirking Susie Campbell! I didn't get it, until I finally connected the dots. "Sup." The fallen angel held her hand up. I kinda wanted to slaughter her, but held myself back because I knew it would make Melanie very unhappy. "Hi shark." I simply replied and miss Campbell looked confused. No, I am not an overprotective friend! I'm just a bit concerned, I told myself. Susie was leaning against the basement's door, still smiling like she just won a mansion. Clara and Melanie were already having a deep conversation about some flowers, so I decided to talk to the lady with the broken halo.