Chapter 42: A big surprise

Start from the beginning

"Get rid of the coffee. Please get it out of the room." I start throwing up again. 

Coffee never makes me sick the last time was when I was pregnant with Michael. It started making me nauseous at the very beginning. I am sitting on the cold bathroom floor. I hear Tristan come back into the room.

"Hey, Tris can you run to the store?"

"Yeah, sure. What do you need baby?"

"Um, well I think I know what is wrong. I think we may be pregnant. That is the way coffee affected me the last time with Michael for the first few weeks."

"How? I mean you have been taking your shots and we have been careful."

"Actually, I missed my last shot which was due around Michael's birthday. I forgot to reschedule and we have been except right after Michael's birthday like the week after we had a lot of wine and got really drunk. When we woke up the next day there wasn't a condom or wrapper. I didn't even think about it because of taking the shots."

"Oh, I remember that. Michael went to spend the weekend with Lorelai and Luke and we went out with the guys. We were really drunk that night." 

"Alright, as soon as Michael gets finished eating we will run to the store down the street."

He helped her off the floor and she brushed her teeth again. She drank her ginger tea and orange juice. She was able to eat the pancake and banana. She started to feel a little better. 

Tristan had gotten dressed and went back downstairs with Michael. He cleaned Michael's sticky hands with a baby wipe and changed his clothes again. 

"We will be back in a few minutes baby. We are running to the store. We love you."

"We love you, mommy. Be back in a wittle bit."

"I love you both too. Be careful." She yelled down to them.

We weren't really planning on another baby so soon. Michael is still in diapers and I wanted to at least wait until he was two before we started trying for another baby. At least this time we are already married. 

Tristan buckled Michael up and went to the drugstore closest to their house. He grabbed three different kinds and got Michael some diapers and a candy bar.

They drove back home and Tristan sat Michael in the playroom with the baby gate up.   

"Stay here buddy. Daddy is going to go check on mommy and I will be back shortly. We can play with your trucks when I get back okay bud."

"Okay, daddy. I will be a good boy. Yippee, I love playing with the trucks."

Tristan went to their room and handed the tests to Rory. She smiled as she looked at the different ones he got. 

"Thank you, baby. Alright, let's see if we are expecting again unexpectedly." She smiled and walked to the bathroom. 

Tristan took all the dirty dishes downstairs and put them in the dishwasher. He went and checked on Michael who was playing on the floor with his toys. He walked back to their bedroom. Rory was sitting there on the bed with three tests lined up.

She smiled at him when she saw the door open. He was so sexy standing there in his tank top and khaki shorts. 

He walked over and sat down behind her on the bed. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her cheek.

"No matter what baby we will be okay. I know we weren't planning on having another baby so soon but we will be fine."

She laid back on his chest. "You always know what to say to ease my stress. You are a good man Tristan and yes we will be fine. We are in this together and we make a good team."