Chapter 23 - The Nun and The Shrine Maiden 1

Start from the beginning

"Weird, it wasn't like this afternoon..." Theresa muttered while putting a hand under her chin. "Did we get lucky not to encounter them while foraging?"

"No, I don't think so." Glynne argued. "I did a quick sweep of the area during the time we are inside the forest. I'm pretty sure the numbers was not this many a while ago."

Then does that mean the honkai beast spawn in between the time they left the forest and now... Theresa shook her head at this conclusion. Their numbers is simply too much. In order for such amount to spawn, it needed high amounts of honkai energy. At least she should have detected it if that was the case.

Her thoughts suddenly got cut off when he heard the boy clicking his tongue. She look back to see honkai beast of different kinds are hot on their trail.

"Milady, please hold on tight." It's a bit sudden but Theresa does not miss a beat and did what she was told to do. Glynne did a quick confirmation and strengthen his grasp. He rose his Ki inside his body and spread it all his body. Next he gathered honkai energy to his feet.

Trying to control both energies at the same time was quite difficult. Truthfully, Glynne is still not proficient at it as it was still unstable. However, that instability is what he needed right now.

A huge amount of energy gathered under his feet, sending them flying high into the air. His leap sent them higher than the tree crowns as the view of the village became visible. They noticed a huge number of lit torches in side of the town.

"Tsk, they are quite persistent, aren't they?" Glynne muttered as he noticed a number of Archangel Honkai beast are following them.

"Watch out!" Theresa warned as Glynne gather honkai energy. In just a nick of time, he was able to change his direction sideways and dodged a sharp object headed in their way.

"You got to be kidding me..." Glynne muttered for the second time. A dry laugher come out of his mouth as he can't believe what he is seeing. Below them is a large honkai beast with blades floating around it.

It fired its remaining blades towards them as Glynne let out multiple burst of energy to dodge them. He then used to last blade as a foothold and dive down. He landed near the Emperor Honkai beast.

"Milady, can you hold off the honkai beast behind us?" Glynne asked while putting down Theresa.

"Are you perhaps going to fight that one?" Theresa question back.

"It can't be help." Glynne shrugged his shoulders. "That thing is hard to ignore since it can attack in long range. Not to mention, it's quite fast. I don't think I would be able to dodge while my back is against it."

"Don't tell me.., are you going to use your stigmata?!" Theresa exclaimed.

"No," Glynne immediately replied. He move his sights at the Emperor Honkai beast as it retracts the blade it shoot out. He has been feeling a huge amount of honkai energy radiating from it. Four or five Archangel Honkai beast are enough to barely get a grip of his powers. If ever he absorb the honkai beast in front of him, he is not confident if he would be able to hold it back from going to berserk.

"Is that so, then be careful." Theresa said before separating from him. She summoned her Oath of Judah and slammed it down to the group of enemies. It opened up as the golden spears inside of flew out and pierced the incoming honkai beast.

Theresa also summoned a spear on hand as lightning begun to gather on its tip. She threw it to the group of honkai beast as it pierced through the bodies of those that got hit and fried those that are nearby.

Glynne thought that it was as expected of her. He has already saw her fight... or more like the current situation brings some bitter memories from two years ago. He immediately shakes his head of the thought and concentrated on the enemy in front on him.