"This is a case about a woman who has attempted to murder my client, Sherryl Faire von Shevaria who is presently known by the name, Melissa Ernel von Shevaria."

"The young lady has come into contact with the defendant for five years long and apparently, they had quite of a well-balanced relationship. However, for an unknown reason, during one of their usual afternoon tea parties, the suspect was said to have threatened the young miss's life, almost leading her to her deathbed."

"In this trial, I, Darriel Mavis, would like to bring justice for my client, Miss Melissa Ernel von Shevaria, and uncover the identities of the persons behind this case."

Several started murmuring amongst their groups in the audience section.

From the prosecutor's opening statement, it puzzled them that he mentioned the word 'identities' which could only mean that there wasn't just one culprit in this issue although it was sort of made clear in the first-half that Duchess Fleurette was to be proven guilty.

Before they could continue the rest of their murmuring, the attorney from the opposite side also began to speak with the sentences that he prepared.

"A pleasant afternoon to all of you, gentlemen of the jury. I am Chandler Eicren, who will play as the defense counselor of defendant Fleurette Ivona y Aubetré von Shevaria, for this case. As the prosecutor has said, Mrs. Fleurette has tried to murder the young lady, almost leading her to her deathbed. However, one thing puzzles me after hearing this story."

"From what I've heard so far, their relationship was quite stable as it lasted for five years long already. And when I interviewed the attendants from the Shevaria Mansion, apparently there wasn't a single moment where they fought with each other, neither was there a tiny sign of them having a conflict over trivial issues."

Hearing the lawyer's story, the magistrate questioned.

"Can you prove that, sir Eicren?"

"Of course.", Chandler confidently replied with the usual smile that he wore on his face.

He, then, presented a certain man to prove his words. And while the person walked toward the jury's view, the defense counselor introduced him.

"This man is Jillian Smith. He is a butler that served under the Duchess' manor, and he's been working there for seven years long."

"It's a pleasure to be here.", the butler said as a word of courtesy. Then without further ado, he served his purpose to be of assistance to the lawyer's claim.

"Just like sir Eicren mentioned, her grace and the young lady has shared a rather good relationship. The young lady would always come and visit when the afternoon comes if she's available and they would often read novels together during teatime. They haven't quarreled for even once so far, to the point that the servants would gossip among themselves wondering what made them so close to one another."

As soon as the butler finished his explanation, Chandler shortly went back to speak of his hypothesis from the information that was presented to the jury.

"From this story, I was ascertained that there were two possibilities for the disturbance to happen that day. First is that the young lady said something that could offend defendant Fleurette-"

"Objection! If your honor says so, we cannot guarantee whether the Duchess possesses a hidden resentment toward the miss either!", the prosecutor interrupted before the defense counselor could finish his statement.

"Sir Jillian, did defendant Fleurette seem to have any sort of behavior that could prove Sir Mavis's claim?", the judge took the lead to question the resident.

"There is nothing of such, your honor. Although her grace had a bad reputation within the servants, there weren't any traces of her detesting lady Melissa as much as we've observed. Neither was there anyone she shared her opinions with.", the butler replied in detail.

Thereafter, prosecutor Darriel continued to oppose with the flow of the topic.

"Even if so, there's a chance that she isn't the kind of person that will openly share her thoughts with others. Or perhaps, she's also one that won't show her true emotions that easily on the surface."

"I'm sure, sir Mavis is aware that speculations won't be enough to prove a man's intentions.", responded, the magistrate.

"Precisely, your honor. Which is why I ask Sir Jillian concerning the Duchess' usual attitude according to his observation. For even something as small as a person's personality can be a key for cases like this, as well."

Perceiving the prosecutor's request, Butler Smith followed his phrase with a bit of a hesitant answer.

"...Truthfully- Her grace is a person with a hard-to-read personality. Her actions are often unpredictable unless a person takes a very close look of it along with something identical to a critical thinking. Although this might be bias for me to say, I believe... anyone who attempt to communicate with her grace will reach the same conclusion."

Having heard of the manservant's phrases, several of the people from the audience seat murmured in agreement to the stated fact since they were those who once held a conversation with the Duchess when she attended in social circles where they were present as well. Thus, this raised the chances of suspicion toward Fleurette.

Allowing a second or two to pass for a brief moment, the prosecutor proceeded to assert and introduced someone that could testify his proclamation.

"Proceeding from that, I would like to present someone who was there before, during, and after the murder attempt."