D.Ricciardo - Way back to you

Start from the beginning

*Y/n's POV*

It's been 5 weeks since we found out about the baby and it couldn't be worse. Daniel and I have barely spoken. He goes to his races and I'm either at the gym, work or walking around. My body is back to normal, kind of, and that's probably the only reason why I'm happy. When he is home he is also at the gym but never at the same time as me or he is at the bar. He comes home drunk while I worry. We don't sleep in the same bed. He sleeps in the guest room and he avoids me as I avoid him.

I look at myself in the mirror. I look terrible. My messy hair and bags under my eyes. I barely sleep because I get nightmares over the baby and Daniel will always hold me when I have a nightmare. I miss him, I miss us. I don't think this will work out. I take paper and write a letter to Daniel.

Dear Dan,

I know we haven't been on the same page lately and we gave up on each other. I don't know what happened but it's clearly affecting your races and both of our mental health. I think it's better if we part ways. For a long time, I believed that you were my soulmate and I still do but looks like fate decided to change its mind. I really wish the best for you forward. I don't want to fight with you any longer. I still love you so much but I think the love I have for you is hurting me more than I thought. I'm letting you go to be happy without me. I hope that I pack all my things, which is not a lot since it is your apartment.

Love Y/n

I pack all my stuff. Not like I have a lot of stuff because it was Daniel's apartment before
I moved in with him. I asked my sister to help me pack and put everything in the moving truck. I look at the place one last time and close the door.

"Are you going to be okay?" my sister asks once we are both in the car. I nod and a tear slips down my face. "You can get through this."

"I lost both of them. I think I'm going to move to England. There is a job opening there from our company branch," I say looking down at my phone. My lock screen and the home screen is still photos of me and Daniel. How am I going to move on?

"Are you sure?"

"It's the only way for me to get over him and what happened. I need a fresh start. Can I stay with you until I get the job?" I ask and she smiles and nods.

"Of course. You can stay as long as you want. Remember I'm always here for you if you need me," she says making me tear up again. Why am I so emotional these days?

"Don't cry because you're going to make me cry," she says making us both giggle. "How is Daniel going to react?" She asks changing the whole vibe of the car. We have to talk about it eventually and looks like it's going to be now.

"I don't even know if he is going to realise that I'm gone. I mean we barely talk when he is home. I miss the old Daniel, the old us. We were so in love and I thought we were stronger than that," I say sighing and try not to tear up again.

*Daniel's POV*

"I don't know man. I don't know what happened," I tell Lando who is sitting next to me on the couch. He is hosting an only men barbeque and I came early because the house is silent and Y/n is not seen anywhere.

"She lost the baby. YOu both lost the baby and what I can see is that you both gave up on each other. You guys are avoiding each other. Daniel, you told me months ago why you want to marry her and I can promise you nothing has changed because the baby not coming. She is yours and you are hers. Just go fix it and tell me that you didn't throw the ring away," he says making me widen my eyes. 

"Woah, Lando. How are you even single? You give better advice than me and I normally give it to you but it seems that you don't need it," I say and he shrugs taking a sip of his drink.

"Coaches don't play. Now, are you going to stay or fight for her?" He asks and I jump up. "It's fine, just go!" I give him a bear hug and run out to my car. I have to fix this.

I run to our apartment and yank the door open. "Y/n!" I shout and still hear nothing. I realise that all of her things aren't here anymore. I see a letter on the table and read it slowly. 

I've read it a couple of times now and I've called her too. I decided to call her sister and she finally answers the phone. "Daniel," she says with disgust. She is definitely the difficult one.

"Can I please explain myself and I want to tell you about my plan?" I say quickly before she hangs up.

"Fine but you better not waste my time."

*Y/n's POV*

"Let's go out," my sisters and I groan putting my head in my hands. "Oh, c'mon. You haven't been outside for a week and I don't think that's quite healthy," she continues crossing her arms and I roll my eyes. She isn't going to stop until I say yes.

"Okay, I'll go if that will make you stop," I say standing up and walk to my suitcase, which I haven't packed the clothes yet because I'm still waiting for them to let me know if I got the job or not. "Where are we going?"

"We can go to a restaurant and then we can go to the lake like we used to," she says going into the bathroom.  

I put on a knee-length tight black dress. I don't want to get any one's attention right now. She walks back into the room wearing a jean with a tank top. I thought we are going to a restaurant.

"What are you wearing? To what expensive restaurant are we going to? I ask sarcastically. She shrugs and grabs her purse making me grab mine also. We walk to the car and start driving. She drives more away from the city and park near the woods. We climb out and I look around. There is nothing going on here.

"Is there some cool restaurant on the tress or under the ground because it's starting to freak me out," I say and she starts walking into a direction ignoring me. I follow her cause I don't want to be alone in the dark. Don't tell me my sister joined a cult.

I see light and my sister suddenly stops. She points to the lights, "Go to the lights." I look at her strangely and decide to walk to the lights because I trust her. Everything becomes clearer the closer I get. It's Daniel standing with tulips in his hands, he remembers when we talked about how roses are overrated and how tulips are underrated in my eyes. There are fairy lights behind him and doughnuts, muffins, strawberry in chocolate and a champagne bottle on the blanket. My heart melts at the sight. He's not a guy who wants to kill me and make me want to run for my life.

"Y/n, I don't have a place where to start. If you told me a couple of months ago that I will be in this position, I will work extremely hard not to lose you. I want you, I want you to be in my life. I want you to support me in my career and I want to wake up next to you and love you. I'm sorry that I gave up on you and us. Lando made me realise just how much I needed you in my life and I can't believe that it took Lando for me to realise. I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you and we have been through so much," he says taking a tiny box out of his pocket and goes down on one knee. "I wanted to do this a few months ago but I never got the right time and I think that this is the perfect and only time. Will you, Y/n Y/s marry me?" My eyes widen and tears form in my eyes. "Don't worry, I have your dad's permission but do I have yours?" He jokes making me giggle.

"Of course, I'll marry you," I say while he puts the ring on my finger. He stands up and kisses me wrapping my arms around my waist. I missed this. "Can we eat the doughnuts now?" I ask and he starts laughing.

"That's the girl I want to marry," he jokes and we sit down. 

*****

This was extremely long, goodness me. I hope you guys enjoyed it. Requests are open but please send a personal message.