D.Ricciardo - Way back to you

Start from the beginning

"I'm going to go get ready. I'll meet you in a sec," I say taking my last bite and put my bowl into the sink. 

"I have a doctor's appointment in 20 minutes," I tell Daniel over the phone. He is currently in England at the Mclaren centre. I'm just going for a check-up to see if the baby is okay.

"Okay, I love you and be safe please."

"I love you too." I hang up and grab my bag and keys. We both agreed that we will have a gender reveal when I'm 7 months pregnant.

I walk into the doctor's office and take a seat on the check-up table with the blue gown the gave me. "Good morning, Mrs Y/s. I hope you are doing well. I see you are only here for a check-up?" I nod and she starts doing her scans. "Here alone?"

"Yeah, Daniel is in England but he'll be back in 1 hour," I say and she smiles looking up at me and continues again.

"I'll be back in a few," she says with a worried face and I frown when she left the room. Is something wrong?

I look at my phone and see that Daniel message an 'I love you to Pluto and back'. We once fought about Pluto and now it's our unique little thing. The door opens again and she comes in with a straight face. This can't be happening, you got to be joking. No no no no!

After they removed the baby I went home barely seeing because of all the crying. I walk into the house and drop all my things on the floor. How could this have happened? I did nothing wrong. I ate healthily and did pregnant exercises 4 times a week and this still happened. I drop onto the bed and cry myself to sleep and it's only 6 in the afternoon. 

*Daniel's POV*

"I can't believe you got the ring," Lando says with the ring in his hand. He brings it closer to his face taking a good look at it. "I still think that you should've done it a long time ago."

"I know, I know. I'm planning on asking her on Saturday. I made reservations at this fancy restaurant and then I want to hang fairy lights and ask her to marry me near a lake with the moon shining brightly on her beautiful face," I say deep in thought. 

"Okay, Prince Charming. Just don't leave the ring behind because I'm not flying last minute. Anyway, good luck man. I really hope she says yes and please let me know as soon as it happened," he says handing me the ring and I take a last look at it and close the velvet box. He shakes my hand and walks to his car. I look up at the sky, soon Love, soon.

I have already packed all my things and I'm on my way now. Y/n has the appointment and will probably be back way before me so she will be there waiting for me with open arms.

I get out my key and put it into the hole but it's already open? What? I open the door slowly and look around and then close it. She never leaves the door unlocked especially when I'm not home. I look at the floor and see her bag laying on the floor with her phone and water bottle next to it. Y/n, leaving her phone on the ground? What is going on?

I rush up the stairs to our room as fast as I can. I walk into the room and see she is lying peacefully on the bed but her face is red. I wake her up knowing that something is wrong and I'm not going to bare knowing she is unhappy and upset over something. Her eyes open slowly and her face immediately falls when her eyes meet mine. "Daniel," she says jumping.

"Woah Woah. Easy there, Babe. Remember you have a baby in there," I say reaching my hand to touch her belly but she slaps my hand away. I realize now that her belly is in fact smaller. I look at her knowing that something is wrong with the baby or I did something wrong because she only acts this way when I did something terribly wrong.

"Daniel, just stop, please," she says with a straight face. "The baby... Is gone," she says trying to gasp for air while she starts sobbing and then cries. I grab her and pull her into a hug. I feel tears forming in my eyes. I really hope this is a prank because this is not funny.