Expect the unexpected

Pete's POV.....

"Earth, can you reach Mean today??"

"Mean??? Are you guys fighting each other??"

"Why are you asking like that?"

"Because you two never parted and glued with each other. But now you asking to me about your bestie." Earth teased Pete.

"Hoo, it's not that. But I couldn't reach him. I wanted to ask him a lift but when I called him he cut it or he didn't pick my call up, I think. Because I didn't pay attention to that." He said sadly.

"Don't make that face Pete. May be he was busy get ready for college." As a friend Earth comforted Pete.

"You think so??" Because of his words Pete was becoming stress free.

"Hmm.." Earth nodded and smiled at him.

"But, even if he was busy he would call me after. Isn't it strange??" Even though Somewhat Pete felt strange about it.

"For me it's normal. But in your views I don't know because you guys are quite close so it's normal too for you to feel like this."

"But....." While they were discussing about Mean, Earth noticed Mean was crossing them from far.

"Mean!! Hey Mean wait." So he shouted to get his attention.

"Mean?? Where is he??" As soon as Pete heard Mean's name he was very happy.

"Look." Earth pointed at him.

"Mean wait." Pete ran towards the spot where Earth pointed before and grabbed Mean's hand while he was walking somewhere. And he also stopped as soon as Pete's hand reached his.

"Oh Pete! Good morning." He greeted smiling at Pete but his reaction seem a bit weird for Pete.

"Why are you dull? Aren't you happy to see me?" Pete asked sadly.

"Hoi, why do you think like that? I am surely happy." Mean try to hid his dullness or guilt with the fake smile.

"Are you sure?" Again Pete asked his friend to made that sure.

"Yeah man, I am really happy. Why don't I happy when I meet my best friend?" Again he said with a smile and cheering tone.

"Thank god you are happy or else he will make me deaf with his annoyance."
Earth came from behind Pete and said so as he patted Mean's shoulder.

"What fo you mean Earth?" Mean asked him surprisingly.

"Because, before you came here he roasted me with his nagging. Because you didn't answer his call or you didn't call back him." He complaint about Pete.

"I cared for my best friend." Pete said as soon as he heard what Earth said and pouted.

"Hoo, it's ok. Actually my phone was dead. Also I forgot to charged it." Mean said plainly.

"But I heard the ringing sound🤔..."

"Ah ah, no offence. Let's go have lunch guys. I am so hungry." While Pete was recalling the phone call Earth noticed Mean's anxiety on his face. So Earth changed the subject to calm him down.

"Yeah ok let's go."

At the canteen...

When they arrived the canteen Mean went to order some food for all the three. And the rest chose and seated on a table which four people can sit.

Pete and Earth sat on the opposit side of the bench like they can face each other. So Pete just left a little space for Mean sit and he also sat down. Because they always sat next to each other. It's their custom. So he did like as usual.