One Way or Another

"I want to fight!" Con shouts. "We can't just sit down and be attacked!"

"You fight them and they'll put a silver bullet in your chest," Amber says. "You need to be prepared."

"Then find someone to train us," Con says. "I'll join the force. I'll leave the NYPD for Lilac Valley. Lilac Valley is my home and I'm not going to be silent anymore. Carter's father is dead. Who knows who's next?"

~

"Hi Con," Sabrina greets her ex's best friend. He is eating a hot dog in uniform. She wears a short sleeve blouse and a short skirt. "I heard you have a thing for Eddie's exes. The girls at least."

"I'm not going there," Con tells her. "There's a lot going on in town. My friend's dad died a few months ago."

"How tragic," she says. "I'm so sorry."

"Don't you have a restaurant to cook at?" Con asks.

"Not until later," she says. "I know you won't be able to resist. You like being close to people Eddie was close with."

"What does that mean?" Con asks.

"You two are terribly codependent," she continues. "You want what he has. Eddie is a nice guy, but I like a little danger."

"Because I'm a werewolf?" Con asks. "I don't date humans. I don't date at all, except for Amber."

"Then why don't we just spend the night together?" Sabrina suggests.

"I can't," Con says.

"You will," she says and walks away.