Sabrina

"Hi." A woman with a blonde pixie cut sits beside Eddie at the diner counter. "I'm Sabrina."

"Eddie," he introduces himself.

"That looks yummy." She points at his omelet.

"Lox and onion," he says.

"Not in the mood for small talk?" she asks. "Let's jump ahead. I'm a chef. And you are?"

"A dentist," he says.

"You seem a bit on edge," she notices. "Tough day?"

"I'm a dentist," he repeats. "Every day is a tough day. On top of that, my friend is running for mayor of our town against his father and my best friend is head over heels for my ex. They're happy together. I want him to be happy, but not with my ex."

"Wow," she says. "Doesn't seem like a great friend."

"Some days I wonder why we're still friends and then I remember," Eddie explains. "Except when he's sleeping with my exes, he's always there for me."

"If my friend so much as looked at an ex, I think I'd kill her." Sabrina laughs to herself. Eddie looks at her. "Kidding! Where do you live?"

"Lilac Valley," he answers. "You?"

"Chelsea," she says. "You should visit the restaurant I work at some time. It's in the Village. Super trendy. Wear something nice." She smiles.

"What's it called?" he asks.

"A Bit of Magic," she answers and leaves.

~

"Dude, where are you? I'm going to assume you're dead if you don't pick up! This is something I would do. Not you! If you're not back by tomorrow, I'm sending all the detectives in the NYPD to search for you." He hangs up. "Dammit."

~

Con wakes up to a message.

"I met someone. I spent the night at her place. See you later."

Shit.