Fathers

Kyle spreads out on the couch. Con relaxes in the armchair.

"This music makes me feel alive!" Kyle exclaims. "Mom hates it! If it's not pop, she doesn't want to hear it."

"I remember that," Con says.

"When's Eddie coming home?" Kyle asks.

"I don't know," Con answers.

"I thought you two always knew each other's whereabouts," Kyle points out.

"Not when he's in a relationship," Con says. "I think he's meeting Sabrina's dad."

"I think they make a good couple," Kyle says.

"She's not his usual type," Con points out. "She's fun and adventurous. Maybe even a little dangerous. Dylan was a biology major, Penelope went to dental school with him, and Roger was a medical resident."

"And my mom is assistant to the Secretary of Magic," Kyle adds.

"Right," Con says.

"Do you think he'll ask her to marry him?" Kyle asks. Con shrugs. "Do you think you'll ever get married?"

"Why should I?" Con asks. "I have Eddie and I have you."

"As soon as he gets married, he'll move out and probably have kids," Kyle explains.

"You're thirteen, how are you so smart?" Con asks. Kyle smiles.

~

"I like him," William says. "I would like to see you with a professional."

Sabrina sighs.

"Too bad you're going to have to break his heart," William says. Sabrina smiles.

"When?" she asks.

"When the time is right," he answers. "Then you move onto Conleth."

"What about Carter?" Sabrina asks.

"I'll take care of Carter," William assures her.