Chapter 34 [Julie]

Start from the beginning

Nessy went to the shower while El and I went to my parents's room. I grabbed my mom's vanity kit from Dash and El's eyes widened. What's up with that?

"You're mom has the vanity kit from Dash?", she asked. I nodded. It's no big deal actually. "Yeah," I said. "she is a part-time fashion designer after all. She needs to keep up with the looks and style." El nodded and we walked back to my room. Nessy was still in the shower.

"Should I start looking through the closet?", I asked. El nodded. "I'll help," she offered. I gave her a grateful smile. "Wow Jules," she said. "going in your room's like buying the entire Oxford street." I shook my head. "My mom likes to buy me stuff when she goes to another country," I said. "she wants me to enjoy life." Eleanor nodded. "YOLO!", she said.

El and I agreed to pick different clothes for Nessy. I chose a sleeveless blue, ruffled, solid dress, brown vintage belt and brown gladiator sandals. Eleanor chose a red and white striped dress that went along a brown vintage belt and brown heels. Eleanor and I studied the clothes as we put them on the bed. Which one would suit Nessy more?

"I think your seems to suit her more," Eleanor said. I was surprised. I sucked at fashion. My style icon's Dianna Agron. Nessy's more like the casual teenager. I'm not sure now. "Really?", I asked. Eleanor nodded. "The dress I picked is more like my style," El sighed. "I'm not really sure if it would suit Nessy."

"Well, have you picked anything to wear tonight?", I asked her. She shook her head. "Wear the dress you picked then," I smiled. Eleanor's face lit up. "You sure?", she asked. I nodded. "You're the best!", Eleanor hugged me.

"Okay," Nessy emerged from the bathroom wearing a robe. "What now?" I glanced at Eleanor and she nodded. "Sit on the stool, I'll get started on your make up.", Eleanor said. Nessy nodded and did what Eleanor told her. Soon, El began working while I watched.

After about 15 minutes, Eleanor wasn't done yet. And I was getting hungry. I'm actually craving for some New York deli right now. I'll just go make a quick stop and ask Nanami in the kitchen.

"El," I got up from the bed. "I'll be back, just to get some snacks. You want anything?" She shook her head. "What about you, Ness?", I asked. She shook her head too. I shrugged and walked out of the room.

As I was making my way, I ran into Liam. He smiled when he saw me. I looked and saw behin him, Jacob.

"What are you doing here?", I asked. "I was actually looking for you," he said. "I asked your brother and he said that he'd escort me to your room." I chuckled. How adorable. "You can't go in there yet," I said. "Eleanor's giving Nessy a makeover." He nodded. "She must be really excited about Alex.", he said. I nodded in agreement.

"I'm hungry!", Jacob squeaked. Liam and I smiled at each other. "Let's go to the kitchen then," I said. The 3 of us went to the kitchen. Liam and I asked Nanami for a sandwhich while Jacob asked for ice cream. "Where are the other boys?", I asked. "Preparing for tonight," he answered. I nodded.

"So why were you looking for me?", I asked. "Well," he scratched the back of his head. "I know that you and me and Jacob teaming up together was part of the plan to set 'Nalex' up..." He was putting air quotes on "Nalex". Ha, ha.

".. so I think it's best if I should also ask you straight, you know. To be fair.", he smiled. I chuckled. "Julietta Joe Watson," he started. He ran his fingers through his hair. He's nervous. "w-will you be my date to tonight's show?" My eyes widened. I know this is for the sake of Alex and Nessy but he still made an effort to ask me. That's so sweet.

"Of course," I smiled. "you, me and Jacob. That's a great idea." He smiled back and hugged me. "Thank you," he said. I nodded and pulled away. "See you tonight," I said.