Session 44: Wanna bet?

(Edited)

"I called Japan... My daughter's getting worse... She's reached her limit. The doctors only give her four or five days..." Joseph informed with a devastated look in his face. "Let's take a train from here to Cario. That's the fastest route from Luxor without taking a plane."

"What walks on four legs at dawn, two legs by day, and three legs in the evening?" The legendary Sphinx posed this riddle to every traveler. The correct answer was "Man". If the travelers gave the wrong answer, they were divorced. Joseph Joestar's group has finally arrived in Cario, approximately 30,000 kilometers from Japan... But before theu can reach DIO, several 'Sphinxes' stand in their way.

"Welcome, foreigners. What can I get you?" A bartender, who was the owner, from a small cafe asked of them.

"There's something we want to ask you. We're looking for the building in this photo. So you have any idea where it is?" Joseph presented the photo to the cafe owner.

"Honorable foreigners... This is a café. It's customary to order drinks before asking questions."

"Very well. We'll have five iced teas."

The owner nodded and got to work with the teas as he inspected the photo. "I've never seen it before." He answered as he gave them their teas.

They all held serious faces as they chugged their drinks in sync.

"Let's go... We'll just have to keep asking."

"That building... I know where it is. There's no mistaking it." A man spoke from a table in the café said. The man was mixing cards like a gambler.

"W-Was that you? Did you say something? Did you say you know where it is?" Joseph asked the man.

"Indeed. I said I know where the building in your photograph is."

"What?! Really?"

"That's great!"

"What luck! At last we found someone who knows where it is!"

"Where is it! Tell us where?" Joseph spoke over the rest of them.

"Do you expect me to tell you for free?"

"Th-That's true. Sorry about that. Here's ten pounds. So where is it?" Joseph asked with the money in his hand but the man just laughed.

"My favorite pastime is gambling. I'm a fan of cheap thrills, you see. You might call me an addict. I even make my living off it. Tell me... Do you like to gamble?" He chuckled still mixing his cards.

"I'm not sure where you're getting at." Joseph admitted.

"Of you don't like to gamble, just say so."

"I told you, I'm not sure what you mean."

"What I'm saying is... Would you like to play a little game? If you win, I'll tell you the location of that building for free."

"A game? I'm pretty luck guy but we don't have time to play poker. We're in a hurry. I'll give you another 20 pounds, so just tell us..."