Chapter Fourteen

I wait for a little while to see if Thomas is going to come and try to find me but no one comes.

I feel the wall behind me and start pushing me forward. I groan softly and get up and step out of the way of the wall. Looking around, not hearing anything but some scraping of the walls closing, and shifting.

I walk around a corner slowly make sure there's not a griever around the corner. Luckily, no griever. I make my way back towards where Alby is and look for any sign of Thomas or Minho.

All of a sudden I hear a scream rip through the air. I know the voice, and I don't know why he's screaming but I can only guess.

Thomas.

I start running in the direction I heard the scream come from.

"Thomas? Where are you? Are you alive? Hurt? What?" I yell at him inside my head. He doesn't answer, of course he wouldn't answer you idiot! He's behind chased by a griever!

I scold myself for that and bump into something, at first I think it's a wall but as I stand up I see Minho in the ground.

"Minho!" I say and help him up. "I'm sorry, I was just running towards Thomas." I say and he nods, I guess he was too.

"He's over here, the doors are going to open in an hour. We need to get Thomas safe and Alby down and to the doors." He says and I nod.

We start sprinting in the direction the scream came from and we are soon met by Thomas, running for his life.

Minho takes a sharp turn through a passage that just started closing. I follow him but Thomas stays where he is.

"Thomas come on!" I yell once I reach the end. He turns back at the griever. "Come on! Yeah you, come on!" He yells at it and it seems to get even angrier. It starts chasing after Thomas and my eyes widen.

"Come on Thomas!" I yell louder. He keeps running and looks back. "Don't look back " Minho yells from next to me.

Thomas runs faster and faster but the wall keeps closing. It's almost crushing him.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I watch as Alby gets lowered into the ground. I ended up going to help Thomas and push him into Minho before any of us could die. My foot got caught in between the walls and Thomas pulled me before my foot got crushed in between them.

We got to Alby without running into anymore grievers. Minho and Thomas are working on getting Alby down safely as I'm resting my foot.

They put him down softly and pout him down in the ground softly. They help him up and Thomas motions for me to hop over to them.

Thomas wraps his arm around my waist and I shift a little.

I was really uncomfortable with this at the beginning but Minho brought up the point that they wouldn't be able to help me when they had to carry Alby. I have in eventually, the first time he did I was really uncomfortable and now, I'm okay, a little uncomfortable, but it's okay I guess.

"Relax." He says in my mind and I look at him. "I can't really relax Thomas." I say back to him and he sighs out loud before starting to walk.

Alby is in between him and Minho and then me on Tomas's right.

We know the doors have opened because we hear the crunching and scraping of the concrete pulling back. We're almost there but I think that they don't have any hope.

We reach the doors and no one but Chuck is at the door. He looks at us and his eyes widen. "Guys!" He yells and everyone comes running towards us when we're at the doors.

I collapse on the ground and breath heavily.

"What the bloody hell happened?" Newt asks above us.

"Griever, ankle..." Is all I could say. "Med-Jacks!" Newt calls and they both come running over. They first go to Alby. "Get a stretcher!" They yell and I look at them.

Jeff looks at me and then I motion to my ankle. "Right, sorry." He says and moves over to me, looking at my ankle.

"Broken, don't walk on it for awhile okay?" He says bluntly.

I sigh and look at Thomas. "Could be worse." He says and smiles a bit. I smile back and I nod.