Chapter Sixteen

I throw my arms out to catch myself and wince as my foot hits the ground hard. He picks me up by my left arm and looks at me. "Well shank?" He says and steps back from me putting his hands up.

"I'm not stupid Gally." I say and cross my arms. "I'm not going to fight you."

He smirks and rolls his eyes. "Can't act in your words?" He asks.

"I never said I would make you get over yourself. I just said you should get over yourself." I say and he runs at me, knocking me to the ground.

I wince as my head hits the ground and bounces back. "Get off me!" I yell and try to push him away but he's surprisingly strong. I wince as his foot or knee hits my foot and he smirks.

He jams his knee into my foot and I bite my tongue to keep from screaming out in pain. He sees the pain in my face and laughs. "Ready to quit?" He asks.

"On,y if you are." I manage to say through clenched teeth. I'm surprised nobody has seen Gally beating on me.

"Oh, Fry is over with Alby, Thomas is with Newt, and anybody else? They're not over here." He says with a smirk and he digs his hand into my injured shoulder.

"Get off of me Gally." I say and try to push him off me again.

"Oh, little miss princess isn't tough enough for this?!" He yells in my face, but he doesn't yell it loud enough for people to come running.

"Shut it Captain Gally." I say and his face pales a little.

"Don't call me that." He says digging his hand in on my shoulder more.

"What should I call you? Shank?!" I say and his face contorts in anger.

He stands up and then kneels down again. I look up at him and watch as he pushes all his bodyweight on my foot. I can't hold it back anymore, I scream in pain and Gally gets up and runs somewhere, I don't know where because all I can see is stars.

I don't see anyone run up but I hear all these voices around me. I see a shape kneel down in front if me. "Amelia, what happened? Are you okay?" The boy asks but I can't answer because of the pain. I can't get a single syllable out.

"Med-Jacks now!" He yells and I recognize the voice. Thomas.

"Thomas go find Gally." I tell him and he looks at me. "Go find Gally!" He yells to the people behind him.

"Come on, can you get up?" He asks softly as he reaches a hand out for me. I take it slowly and stand up, wincing as I try and put weight on my foot.

Thomas picks me up and carries me to my hammock. He sets me down gently and sighs.

I look down at my foot and he makes me look at him.

He smiles just a little and takes a deep breath before putting his lips on mine.