Chapter Eleven

"What?! She's going to be a runner?!" Zart yells.

"She'll be killed!" Frypan yells.

"We can't handle another person getting stung!" Clint yells.

"You can't do this to our infirmary!" Jeff screams.

"Ben already destroyed almost everything!" Clint yells again.

"You're putting her life in danger!" Winston yells.

"She wants to do it! She's putting her own life in danger!" Minho yells above everyone making them go silent.

Gally walks up to Minho and yells, "If she wants to risk her life fine! But do not blame me when she dies, gets stung, or you die or get stung instead of her!" Gally yells.

"She wants to do it! I have no reason to stop her from going into that maze!" Minho yelled back pushing Gally to the floor and Alby and Newt runs over and pulls Minho away from him.

"Okay guys, Minho go to the maze room and Gally-" Alby starts and I can't hold in my words anymore.

"Stop acting like you can control us Alby. You act like you're putting us in time-out and we can handle ourselves! You don't have to tell us what to do and treat like children! You need to get yourself in check before you put is in check! I don't care what you do to me after this thing, but there's no doubt I'm special, I woke up in the shucking maze when you got sent up here in a box! There's a reason why I'm here and it's not a good one!" I yell and everyone looks at me.

"You, me, outside. Now." Alby says sternly looking at me.

"She's right." Zart whispers as Alby walks out.

I walk out and feel all their eyes on me. I roll my eyes and walk over to Alby.

"How dare you call me out in front of every keeper here. They're the people who help us keep this glade in order and you just put the question in their head of how good I am as a leader!" He almost yelled.

"Calm down Alby! You need to understand that I'm still scared! I'm terrified of what is out there, but I want to help!" I say trying to calm down. "I don't care! You called me out in front of my people!" He yells this time.

"Alby!" Newt yells as he runs over. "What?" Alby yells and looks at him. "Calm down Alby, she didn't mean it. She's just emotional." Newt says and I look at him. "Okay so now you think you know girls?" Alby snaps at Newt. "You wait to be a runner. I'm going into the maze with Minho tomorrow and make sure that griever is gone." Ably says and I sigh.

"Okay, and then she's going in." Newt says and Alby walks away.

"What has him all shouty?" I ask Newt and he shrugs.

"I have no idea why he's in edge like this." He says softly and watches Alby storm to the homestead.

"But whatever it is, it can't be good for us." He add on and walks back into the building with the keepers.

I groan at all the drama, and all the mysterious awnsers to everything. I walk to my spot at the wall and slide down it. I wince as my butt hits the ground hard and I lean my head against the wall.

"Amelia?" I hear Thomas's voice I straighten up but I can't see Thomas anywhere near me.

"Ameila, can you hear me?" He asks again. I stand up quickly and look around.

"Don't freak out, I know this is weird. Not to freak you out but I heard everything you said to Alby." He says in my head and I look over at the homestead.

I see him working on his hammock but he glances in my direction.

"I heard what you were saying in your head before I heard you yell them." He explains and I shake my head.

This isn't normal, there's no way he can be in my head right now. There's no way.

"Obviously there was a way and whoever put us here did it." He says and I glare at him.

"Stop it! Stop getting inside my head! The only person who should be inside my head is me!" I scream in my head, knowing that there's no volume.

"No need to get snappy, but I'm sorry." He says shortly and I feel an empty space in my mind. He's gone out of my head.

What was that? How could he get inside my head? How could he hear my thoughts? How could I hear his? How is this even possible? It's not natural, it shouldn't be like this. I'm the only person that should hear my thoughts.

I sigh as I walk back to the homestead and lay down in my hammock. It's going to be an interesting day tomorrow. A day I wish I could just sleep away, but I can't.

I roll over into my side and drift off to sleep.