Chapter Twenty Three

Thomas puts me down and looks over at Newt.

"How the bloody hell does she know your names?" Newt exclaims throwing both Thomas and I off guard.

"How are we supposed to know? We only just saw her!" Thomas defenses.

I can't help but think of the panicked look in her eyes and I think I know them. The eyes, they looked so familiar. I don't know from where and I don't know why. The blue, the ice cold blue of them made me shiver even if I think about them.

"Amelia! If you're done spacing out we have a problem to deal with!" Newt yells snapping me out of my trance.

"Well if you haven't noticed she fell on me! Not you! Don't you think that would be creepy? A girl you thought was dead crawled over to you and said everything to was going to change and then collapse on you? Yeah it's seriously crazy!" I yell back at him.

"I know it must be weird but you need to snap out of it! She's the last one! That means no more supplies! That means we can't eat!" He yells at me and I stand up, careful not to put any weight on my foot.

"Yeah, I know that. Do you think I wanted this to happen? I want to be here, in the glade. Happy, not panicked. But you didn't see her eyes Newt. They were panicked, freaked out. She was obviously worried about something. There had to be something important, maybe it's a trick from the creators, but maybe it's something we need to do. Maybe we need to get out of the maze." I say.

Newt and Thomas just look at me.

I mean I understand why they're looking at me like I'm crazy. Newt has been here for about three years and I suggest that we should leave. I would think I was crazy.

"I'm in if we can find a way out." Thomas says breaking the science.

"You're bloody crazy if you think I'm joining right now without Alby." Newt says and walks out.

"Well that went better then I thought it would." Thomas muttered.

"Oh right and you two shanks are going to be spending a night in the pit." Newt says popping his head back in the room and them leaving once more.

I sigh and nod a bit as Thomas picks me up.

He carries me back to my hammock and sits my down.

"We're he eyes really that scared?" He asks softly as he sits down on the ground next to me.

I nod a little thinking about her eyes, blue, frantic, and familiar. Why did they look so familiar?

"Do you think I look familiar?" I ask and look at the surprise in his eyes.

"What?" He asks.

"Do I look familiar Thomas?" I ask again and he hesitates for a second.

"Familiar? Like do I know your face from somewhere?" He asks.

"Yes now just answer the question!" I say and he sighs.

"Okay yes, you've looked familiar since I saw you run out of the maze." He says softly making sure no one could be listening.

I nod a little. "Well I know you think I'm familiar because that's one of the first things you said to me." He says and I smile a bit.

"You looked so freaked out that day." I say and he laughs quietly.

"You should've seen your face then. You looked terrified, pale, and down right scared." He says and I shake my head to keep from laughing.

"Did I really look that bad?" I ask and he laughs.

"We all look like that when we first come in, you didn't look that different from me when I came up in the box. Well, I ran towards the door but I face planted." He says and I burst out laughing.

"Face planted?" I ask and he nods laughing along with me.

"Nice job Thomas." I say and he laughs.

"Thank you, now get to sleep." He says.

"Night in the pit..." I say and he shrugs.

"He never said it was going to be tonight. Now get some sleep." He says kissing me cheek.

I feel my face heat up a bit as I lay down and curl up ready to fall asleep.