Chapter One

I'm running through a place I don't know. There are high walls and they're covered in ivy. Where the hell am I?! I continue running, making random turns and swearing under my breath when I hit a dead end.

After what seems like hours, I see a glimpse of grass and stop. I can see the huge wall start closing and I begin sprinting with all the strength I have left. I make it out just as it closes and collapse on the soft ground.

"Who the bloody hell are you?" I hear a voice ask above me. I look up, still sucking in breaths. "I-I don't know." I say as I search my memory for my name. I can't remember, why can't I remember? "Wait, you don't remember anything? Not your name, or where you came from?" The guy asks kneeling down to get to eye level with me.

By now a crowd of boys have gathered around me and whispering to each other. "No, all I remember is being dropped in that maze with no knowledge of where the hell I am!" I say my voice growing louder.

"Woke up in the maze?" Another voice asks and walks up to me. "Yes Minho, that's what she just said and she ran out of the bloody maze!" The guy kneeling down yells. "Well what do we do?" The other guy asks, Minho I think he said. "We talk to Alby, until then I say she's going in the slammer." The guy in front of me says.

"For what? She didn't do anything!" Another guy in the crowd says as he walks through the crowd and up to the front. He looks at me with confusion and then pity. I look at him and realize I've seen him before, somewhere.

"Can I say something?" I ask softly. Only the guy in front of me hears me and looks at me. "I guess, but only if you can plead your case." He says and steps away from me. I slowly stand, recovering from my long run in the so called 'maze'.

"I didn't do anything, all I know is I woke up to this clanging and scraping noise, and it was getting close so I got up and ran. I heard it follow me but I lost it somewhere near when in the middle of my run. I kept running, not wanting to meet it or loose my progress. That's when I saw a little patch of grass and the doors were closing. I ran for it and here I am." I say and look at the faces around me. I don't recognize anybody accept the guy who defended me. "And I remember your face from somewhere." I say to him pointing at him.

"Tommy, you know this girl? Do you remember her from somewhere, anywhere?" The guy that was kneeling asks. "No, I don't know her at all. I barley even remembered my own name, how could I remember her?" Tommy I guess, asks.

"I know you Tommy, whoever you are. I know you and I don't even know my name!" I say stepping towards him.

People immediately step in front of him and protect him as if I have a dagger in my hand. "Listen, please all I want to know is why I'm here and my name." I plead. "We all want to know why we're here." Another voice says from further up in the crowd.

"And who are you? I don't know you and all of you are talking about putting me in a slammer what ever that is!" I say and everyone pauses to look at each other.

"My name is Thomas. Newt over there calls me Tommy." Tommy says. I nod thankful that he actually is talking to me like a normal person.

"You caught my name from Tommy, I'm Newt. Over there is Minho, the shuck that doesn't know his place." Newt says. "Shuck? I think you're the shuck! Hey you girl, do you remember where you woke up?" Minho asks.

"I uh, from where I was there were a lot of turns. Starting where I was, I ran straight and the took a left and then a right leading to a dead end, I ran back and just went straight for awhile, then I realized I lost the thing and ran faster and took a right, then a left, and I was about to take a right when I saw grass so I ran here." I explain and Minho looks at another guy and nods. "Okay, runners, map room now." He says and runs away from the crowd.

"What's going on?" I ask Thomas and Newt. "Nothing that you need to worry about right now. All you need to do is think about your name." Newt says and I nod slightly and look at Thomas. "Greenie, take care of the girl while I go talk to Alby and sort this whole thing out." Newt says starting to walk away.

"Greenie?" I ask Thomas and he shakes his head. "Yeah, newbie in a way." He explains and I nod. "Well, welcome to the Glade greenie." He says smiling