Chapter 33

Amelia's P.O.V

I feel like a ghost. Like I'm gliding across the ground but not in a good way.

Someone else is in my head, can control what I do, and I do to myself.

If they wanted me to kill myself, I would.

If they wanted me to kill Thomas, I would.

If I fought it they would probably kill me too. Just like they tried to kill me before.

I'm still in the infirmary and my light brown hair is over my shoulders, getting in my face. Nobody but Thomas has come and tried to get me to talk after that incident. News has spread of what Thomas said to Newt.

Thomas has given me updates in how the glade is doing about every hour or so.

Newt is working and acting like it never happened.

Alby is on his feet again but still not fully in charge as he was before.

Everyone else is keeping their distance from Thomas, and even Alby. They're scared, getting jumpy.

Minho and the runners have returned and found the sot I was attacked, it was Gally who attacked me though. Nothing else could've done it in the maze.

It's getting close to sun down and the doors have not closed yet. People are getting defensive and very worried.

Thomas snaps me out of my thoughts as he walks in.

I look at him, brushing some hair from my face.

He doesn't expect me to say anything but he sits next to me and he takes a deep breath.

"Do you think you can walk? Or run?" He asks and I give him a weird look. "Please answer the question." He says and I nod.

"I think I can run." I say softly and he nods.

"The doors haven't closed." He says and my heart drops.

The doors didn't close, why is this happening? The doors aren't closing, and the grievers are going to come. The ones I faced a couple nights ago.

"We need to start preparing." He says and I nod swinging my feet over the side of the bed.

"Amelia, please take it slow." He pleads and I shake my head.

"I need to get moving." I say softly and stand up slowly.

"Amelia, you can't walk right away!" He says and I shake my head as I keep walking.

"Thomas, I need to." I say softly as I hear a scream echo through the glade.

We look at each other, as I see panic fill his eyes.

"We need to go." He says pulling me out by my arm.

A/N:
Oooo! The next chapter is going to be insane!

Ahhhh!

Well, I'll update soon!

Thanks for reading!

Keep reading!

Keep voting!

Keep commenting!

Bye Runners!