Chapter 38

I can't sleep. Knowing what these people might be thinking about me, I can't stand it.

I stand up slowly, careful not to make my hammock make noise as I get up.

Looking around, I'm careful not to step on anybody. I make my way to the forest and look up at the sky.

It's missing something. Something important.

It looks boring, and just plain pitch black.

Sighing, I sit down and look up at the plain night sky.

How did this sky become so normal to these gladers? How? A plain night sky and no one says anything?

It isn't right. There should be something in it, something shiny or something like that.

Words can't describe it, but I can picture it in my head like it's a memory. Maybe it is a memory. I don't know.

Laying on the ground, staring up at the sky and watching twinkling lights in the night sky with someone next to me.

That was a memory, there's no way it would be a figment of my imagination. It has to be a real memory. I real good memory.

I sigh and sit up and look around. The forest is normal, I guess you can call it normal. If it's in the glade, it's the normal we got used to.

"This isn't normal." I mumble to myself.

"You're right. It's not." I hear a voice say and I jump up and look towards the direction the voice came from.

"But it's our normal, and that's not normal. With no memories and stuck in this god forsaken place? This is not normal." Gally says and steps forward.

I open my mouth to say something but he stops me.

"I couldn't sleep either. Saw you get up and walk in here and I decoded to follow you. And no, I'm not goin to hurt you." He says and all I can do is nod.

"You do realize that you can scream and Thomas and Newt will literally feed me to a griever right?' He says and I nod.

I did realize that as soon as I saw him. I thought I would just scream but I didn't so that leave me standing here just staring at him with no idea what to say to him.

"Don't just stand there and look at me. Say something." He says and I walk up to him and slap him.

He holds the side of his face and nods. "Deserved that." He said and I stepped back.

"Yeah, I know. That's why I did it shank." I say and he laughs.

"You using slang sounds ridiculous." He says and I roll my eyes.

"So why are you even here?" I ask and he looks around.

"I wanted to say your boyfriend hits really hard." He says and I smirk at him.

"I know." I say and he laughs again.

"Gally step away." I hear Thomas' voice.

I turn around and look at him.

"It's okay, we were just talking. And he just complimented you in how hard you hit." I say and Thomas steps out so he's standing next to me.

"I don't care I don't want him by you." Thomas says and I roll my eyes.

"I think proved that I could handle myself Tom." I say and I see Gally nod out of the corner of my eye.

"He almost killed you once. I'm not letting that happen again." He says and I groan.

"I was stung, I can take care of myself when I'm not stung and running from grievers and him. I'm fine. Go sleep." I say getting frustrated.

"You should come with me and get to sleep." He says softly, gently slipping his hands into mine.

"Thomas, I can't sleep. There's no way I can sleep right now or sleep tonight." I say and he sighs.

"Just try." He says and I shake my head.

"I can't Thomas, go to sleep and I'll come get you when we need to get moving okay? And I promise to not let Gally hurt me." I say and he kisses my head.

"Okay, be careful and safe." He says.

"You don't need to worry about me!" I say and he sighs before walking back to the homestead.

"Looks like a little trouble in paradise." Gally says and I turn towards him.

"Shut up." I say and walk back to the fields so I could watch the sunrise and watch if anyone is wandering around while they should be sleeping.

This is going to be a long night.

A/N:
Hey guys!

Sorry it took me so long to update!

Life is shit sometimes.

Anyway! I have no idea how to write the next chapters so...

HELP ME

Also, I'm going to my grandparents this weekend so I won't be able to update and I'm not motivated to write this anymore!

Ah I know I'm sorry. But your idea would really help me!

Sorry for the overly long Authors note.

Thanks for staying with me through this! Oh!

And my hockey team won the Stanley cup and I'm freaking out! I'm going to find that cup! Ahhhhh!

Okay bye!

Keep reading!

Keep voting!

Keep commenting!

Bye Runners!